What's new

Native Access not starting on my laptop

LorrinReagan

I've got a support ticket, but I thought I'd try here too...

I need to use Kontakt player, but I can't get Native Access to start! It crashes immediately. poof. It works fine on my desktop pc but that's not where I'm making music these days.

I've tried -
disabling my display adapter drivers (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, and Intel Iris Plus Graphics)
disabling firewall
disabling vpn
disconnecting my 2nd monitor
set resolution scaling to 100% instead of 200
numerous restarts/uninstall/reinstalls
I tried an old version of kontakt Player (not compatible with Spitfire libraries)
I tried to swipe the Kontakt files from my desktop PC install, dumped them in the same location, and tried to run Kontakt .exe file (didn't work)

Windows Event viewer doesn't give me much, just that it's crashing

Faulting application name: Native Access.exe, version: 1.12.0.120, time stamp: 0x5d09edc7
Faulting module name: Native Access.exe, version: 1.12.0.120, time stamp: 0x5d09edc7
Exception code: 0xc0000005

sigh. feeling pretty defeated :(

anyone have other things that worked for them??

OP
L

LorrinReagan

Ok, it's finally working. ugh

In case it helps someone...
I had a working install on my desktop pc, so I tried again to steal the working folder from my desktop pc, I took the program file folder C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Access (instead of a temp folder, oops) and dumped it on my laptop, double clicked the .exe and it worked! installed, no problem. Not looking forward to updating or changing this thing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom