What's new

Nashville Scoring Strings

Hey hey!

Don't know if this was answered yet... In vienna ensemble the samples sometimes cutoff here after the preload buffer size it seems. So i only get a very short sustain before the samples will get cut off. If i increase the preload buffer size, the sample plays a tiny bit longer. Any solution to this?

Rico
You have the same problem as me. As soon as you route multiple audio output, disk usage goes red (even at 0%) and voices are killed.

I'm sent an email to the support with a video to showcase the issue a week ago. I invite you to do the same. The more we are reporting that issue, the better.

I think you've misunderstood the conversation we were having? Duplicating, which is what I did, creates an issue with Pulse, because the folder structure changes and it doesn't recognise the library any more.

Oh sorry misunderstood! Maybe just use 1 folder like you said and dupe the instruments. Call it instruments noisy or something. You need to do that after every update wich kinda sucks...
You have the same problem as me. As soon as you route multiple audio output, disk usage goes red (even at 0%) and voices are killed.
Yes sorry not 100% even at 0%! Maybe a bug too?

Can someone please confirm this OTHER bug...viola legato patch. Hight G, G# transition between them from notes before is slow. from G to G# and back down is slower in response to other notes...While this may not be as big an issue since they're at the top range, if you are doubling violins it can present an issue.

Thanks

Can someone please confirm this OTHER bug...viola legato patch. Hight G, G# transition between them from notes before is slow. from G to G# and back down is slower in response to other notes...While this may not be as big an issue since they're at the top range, if you are doubling violins it can present an issue.

Thanks

Yes, there is! Indeed, an attack with a bad delay

So whats the overall 'consensus' on NSS thus far ?...I have SCS , Areia , and bought Afflatus with the current sale do i 'need' NSS ? (i know only me can answer that but curious if it can bring anything 'special' to the table with what i already own .

So whats the overall 'consensus' on NSS thus far ?...I have SCS , Areia , and bought Afflatus with the current sale do i 'need' NSS ? (i know only me can answer that but curious if it can bring anything 'special' to the table with what i already own .

In your position, I would just play with Afflatus along with SCS and Areia and see next year if indeed there is a need to get NSS. If you like the "Ocean Way sound", go for it. If you don't need it, then stick with your already owned libraries ;)

I can help you solve this...This is from someone who has a lot of string libraries. It becomes harder and harder to use them all. And while many people layer them, I don't see the need to layer the libraries you currently have. So let's say you get NSS, now you have 4 string libraries, all different. Unless you are working on various projects constantly, you may not even get to use them all. I would not even count SCS in this debate since it's completely different and has it's own specific use...But I've had SCS for about 3 years now and have yet to use it, I've had Synchron Strings 1 for about 6 months and have yet to use it...and many more...not because they're bad, but because I haven't gotten around to writing anything for them yet...but I do have ideas..:)

So moral here is, NSS will go on sale again, so if you do not need it immediately and can wait maybe 6 months before you use it, then I'd wait...maybe get more SSDs...LOL Otherwise I can fully recommend it.

NSS has the sound and playability that works for me...I don't like dainty sounding strings or strings that are too smooth or clean and the vibrato at a moderate level (if there is no control). I am a huge fan of Performance Samples, and seems that Jasper had some hand in this library...but no one knows to what extent, but it does sound similar to his approach. NSS has a sound that seems "real" for lack of a better term...when you first hear it, it's a double take as to whether it's live or not...at least for me. It is far from perfect of course, but it is still early on, and updates are already in the works.

Hi Drumdude, I wish I could say that you have three libraries already, and that's more than enough (I don't know Areia, but IMO both the others you mention are good – in different ways) – but I can't claim that, especially for strings. With all that the libraries you have can do, there's real chance that you haven't been using their potential fully at all – and when you're well into that process, you'll probably know you need some other libraries – and why.

I have no direct comment to that, but in general, I think it's better to invest in a few libraries that you know (or at least think that you know) that you're going to use than to invest in libraries that you're not sure if you're going to need. There's probably around 150 string libraries out there now, and our time is probably better spent on getting to know the libraries we have properly that gradually turning into a 'library shopper' without even noticing it.

Got NSS about 2 weeks ago and only had a brief time playing with it by itself and was impressed despite some growing pains which I think could be easily overcome - see my previous post in this thread.

Now getting my first chance to use it in a project and I'm noticing the Full Ensemble patches (both regular and Con Sordino) have some intonation issues that are keeping me from being able to use it for sketching. Anyone else hearing that? I don't have time to check all the single/non ensemble patches right now - gotta move on. Hoping maybe it was just isolated to those patches because I was really liking the overall presentation of this library...

Got NSS about 2 weeks ago and only had a brief time playing with it by itself and was impressed despite some growing pains which I think could be easily overcome - see my previous post in this thread.

Now getting my first chance to use it in a project and I'm noticing the Full Ensemble patches (both regular and Con Sordino) have some intonation issues that are keeping me from being able to use it for sketching. Anyone else hearing that? I don't have time to check all the single/non ensemble patches right now - gotta move on. Hoping maybe it was just isolated to those patches because I was really liking the overall presentation of this library...
Just played through the LONGS ensemble patch with the dirty samples...didn't really hear much of an issue. Is there a specific interval that is the issue? Usually it's only between certain notes. I also prefer the dirty sample far better for most things...rolling off a bit of low end when needed.

Very interested to hear how those who picked up NSS and have been using it in their projects for some days/weeks now are getting along with it. How is the workflow, ease of use, consistency when you use it in your projects? Any big hurdles you face when using it? Where does it stand with your other string libraries?

Any input would be appreciated :)

I got it and love it. Its incredibly dry, but that's okay as all you have to do is toss on some reverb and your good to go. I also bought a sustain pedal to get access to the rebowing feature on the longs and legatos. Which was a good investment beyond even just NSS.

It's a great lib. Highly recommend it!

Top Bottom