What's new

Nashville Scoring Strings

Section sizes are 8,6,5,4. It can sound pretty cinematic.

Articulations:

- Col Legno
- Con Sordino
- Harmonics
- Legato
- Marcato
- Pizzicato
- Dirty Pizz
- Spiccato
- Tremelo
- Trills

All shorts are playable rep patches.
Cool thanks. There’s an aversion to second violins from Jasper. Lol. But not a deal breaker. :). Size is pretty good. Thank you. Can’t wait. Seems like all major articulations are covered.

No Staccato?
I missed that...yeah, that's weird. Will have to see/hear the libraries potential...and especially if it doesn't have portamento...I long for that in the Con Moto series, that I had to switch out the entire library of CM for another one, just because I needed portamento for it to sound right.

Not shure if I am ever willing to go back to just one type of short. No Staccato?

Very much looking forward to it though!
+1.

Only one short note patch? The red flag is up here as well!

However...Jasper's latest brass libraries, you don't even need short notes with different lengths. It's built into the patches so to speak. Extremely convenient and easy to use!

I'm still hopeful! Let's wait and see, or maybe someone can chime in?

I'm assuming like all other Performance Samples patches, the marcato can double as a staccato by just playing the note short enough.

Last edited:
I'm assuming like all over Performance Samples patches, the marcato can double as a staccato by just playing the note short enough.
Hope so..I am also hoping that there will be master patches, where we wouldn't need to KS, and it will adjust based off our performance.

That's the beauty of NCS. It's extremely tight and consistent by default. You're never going to have a note that's off time with the others, too loud/quiet, or stand out because of tonal differences. It's a massive time saver and makes it that much easier to just write music when you don't have to fight with the library. It just does what you want it to. It's required tons of extra recording and post production time to get that kind of consistancy, but I think it's what's going to make it stand out against all other string libraries on the market.

Can't wait !!!!! :)

@Audio Ollie , will there be any "performance" type patches? Where it's based off velocity for switching between legato and shorts? And will there be other legato types other than bow change?

@Audio Ollie ....Sorry for asking, but what are the chances of divisi? I know the sections are small, but would be great to be able to divide the violins or the basses...4 can be a bit heavy against 8 violins at times. Would have been nice to have a solo bass added. I know..it's a lot to ask, but maybe for an update....wishful thinking :)

Jasper just posted the first Nashville demo on their SoundCloud page. I'd link it but don't know how to get the link from my phone LOL

Top Bottom