What's new

N

I'm beta testing the new version of N, it is apparently a complete overhaul of the product except that it's built on the old code base and the UI looks identical and there are no new features or bug fixes. It somehow also has a bigger CPU hit and only runs in Windows XP now. Still, great bang for the buck and does what it says on the tin, so I really can't complain.
Do you really get your libraries in tins? I always feel I'm missing out because I get mine as downloads, and after I install them, it's sometimes like "What?" or "Damn!" or "F#@#%^!" and every now and then, "Wow!"

If I got my libraries in tins, I bet I'd always know what I was buying. Based on your description of the tin, the new version of N is an insta-buy and a no-brainer, particularly at the price I don't know yet.

Last edited:
I'm beta testing the new version of N, it is apparently a complete overhaul of the product except that it's built on the old code base and the UI looks identical and there are no new features or bug fixes. It somehow also has a bigger CPU hit and only runs in Windows XP now. Still great bang for the buck and does what it says on the tin, so I really can't complain.
Great...can't wait for version -0.1

I just got this in my inbox, with the subject header 'MORE THAN SAMPLES MORE THAN SOUND'. What strong graphics!

letter_n_by_shaat2-d35ifyl.jpg

They really went all-out on the endorsements:

"N is like a synthesizer/sampler collided with a freshly picked bushel of pomegranates and a teleprompter. I mean, how else could one describe it?"
- David Friestadt, Music Major Magazine

"The first time I tried N, it instantly reminded me of that and some other things."
- Sue Phillips, Electronic Musician Express

"Using N on a project is like when you are working on a music project and it is going along, so you keep working on it until it's still going along or it's done."

- Pedro Gonzales, Lake College Music Program

"If I weren't using N as a composer's tool, I'd probably be weeding my tulip garden."
- Luann Novello, Crosspoint School of the Arts

"N is the embodiment of all that we know, and don't know, about the things in music production we both do and don't understand."
- Steve Craighton, Director - Gobbler Creek Auxiliary Fire Department Band

"If there is anything I have learned from using N."
- Blaine Jefferson, former English teacher - Mountainview Elementary School

I was thinking about why I can't find a place for N in my template, and why I never use it in a track, when it came to me: it's not for sale! I don't have it! So, I did some digging and was thrilled to find out about this:

cinematic-studio-n-2.jpg

:dancedance:Alex has decided to incorporate N into the Cinematic Studio Series!!!! :dancedance:

Of course, this will require recording and reprogramming everything all over again.

Work is set to begin on CSN after CSPerc is released in 2022/2023.

I'm beta testing the new version of N, it is apparently a complete overhaul of the product except that it's built on the old code base and the UI looks identical and there are no new features or bug fixes. It somehow also has a bigger CPU hit and only runs in Windows XP now. Still great bang for the buck and does what it says on the tin, so I really can't complain.
Oh that's really frustrating. Why did they drop support for Windows 98?

Well that's weird. Either I'm getting bad info or I'm the only one who knows...

Just received word via a mass email campaign totaling one, that the complete remake is just on the verge of being released. It will purportedly be priced well within the reach of no one, just beyond the reach of all, and it's gonna' be called "Nth Degree."

From the website:

"N is the most deeply sampled library on the market with over 200KB of samples (after N's amazing lossless compression). Downloading will take forever, so it's recommended you choose delivery via mail."

I thought that was a typo.
I was wrong :eek:

upload_2019-4-27_16-34-14.jpeg

Just saw this announcement on the N website:

Due to the increasing loss of sales of N to piracy, the code base and sample format of N are being changed. The latest release will require the Ncryption dongle. As we understand how important it is for our customer base to protect their valuable investment in N, we are also introducing a protection scheme for your license in case of breakage, loss or theft. This additional service, Nsurance, provides cost effective cover against disaster for an annual charge of only $299. The proprietary Ncryption dongle will be available at a special offer price of $69 for new customers and $99 for previous registered owners of N.

Top Bottom