What's new

Mystery Tension cue for TV

dannymc

hey guys wrote this track last year for one of my publishers. it was for an album aimed towards mysterious detective drama. first time i ever tried to write a tension cue like this so was a bit of fun to try something new. let me know what you guys think :)

Danny

Hey Danny,

Good production, I can see this working well as underscore..

Perhaps the piano could use some reinforcement.. maybe doubling with some percussion hits or percussive synth stabs? Just a thought..

Ryan

Not being here that often, I miss a lot of posts but it was a real treat to finally hear one of your tracks Danny that doesn't only involve standard orchestral instruments.

Great production! Sounds very professional at least to my ears. Strings and string pads on side channels doing the slow harmonic rhythm/pattern thing, a mantra type sound that keeps the focus on the percussion, and the bass dead center doing its rhythm ostinato thing, and finally all the other percussion which is really the main point of interest in this piece, drifting around the center part of the channel. This percussive variety is enough to keep the piece growing and interesting but never getting to wild and out of character.

I like the track a lot. Very solid track for its purpose. Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!
Cass

Last edited:
Not being here that often, I miss a lot of posts but it was a real treat to finally hear one of your tracks Danny that doesn't only involve standard orchestral instruments.

Great production! Sounds very professional at least to my ears. Strings and string pads on side channels doing the slow harmonic rhythm/pattern thing, a mantra type sound that keeps the focus on the percussion, and the bass dead center doing its rhythm ostinato thing, and finally all the other percussion which is really the main point of interest in this piece, drifting around the center part of the channel. This percussive variety is enough to keep the piece growing and interesting but never getting to wild and out of character.

I like the track a lot. Very solid track for its purpose. Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!
Cass

thanks Cass. appreciate the kind words. getting out of my comfort zone was something that really scared me for a long time. thankfully the labels i'm with now really force me to get out of my comfort zone sometimes and its nice when it turns out well enough that people like it.

at the moment i'm writing a funk rock song. first time for that too. :)

Danny

Hey Danny.

I do a lot of these tracks - perhaps with less strings, but similar vibe anyway. I think I must have done 50+ tracks by now.
I find the piano a bit distracting. It's too loud and the single note feels lonely. I would just drop it. Or make it more of a phrase. Maybe an octave higher.

The percussion gets a bit repetitive - I would drop it out around perhaps 1:20 and let the track breathe a bit. Reintroduce it later, or perhaps run a lo-pass filter on it at some point to break the monotony.

Good for first attempt though :)

Hey Danny.

I do a lot of these tracks - perhaps with less strings, but similar vibe anyway. I think I must have done 50+ tracks by now.
I find the piano a bit distracting. It's too loud and the single note feels lonely. I would just drop it. Or make it more of a phrase. Maybe an octave higher.

The percussion gets a bit repetitive - I would drop it out around perhaps 1:20 and let the track breathe a bit. Reintroduce it later, or perhaps run a lo-pass filter on it at some point to break the monotony.

Good for first attempt though :)

thanks mate, not a track in my wheelhouse for sure so glad of your tips. thanks for listening. :thumbsup:

Danny

Top Bottom