What's new

My take on Cinematic Studio Brass (with a strange Hanz Zilliams vibe !?)

zoilreb

The Fantastic Mr Zoilreb
Hey dear VI-Controller !

As some of you may has noticed, I'm a bit of a Cinematic Studio Fanboy. (With a bad addiction for "Cinematic Studio Bump")

Unfortunately I couldn't buy CSB at it's release, so I'm a bit late on the "Hey check my demo! -secretly hopping this 1 minute things will make me star in Hollywood-" game.

Unexpectedly, my two heros met in this short track: It started with a Man of steel vibe and finished with a Star Wars vibe. So my inspiration definitely came from Hans Zilliams.

Libraries used :
  • Cinematic Studio Brass
  • Cinematic Studio Strings
  • Cinematic Guitars infinity (Synth, Atmos, Sub Boom)
  • Cinematic Thunder (Percs)
(Yes, there is a kind of a pattern in the way I choose lib :confused:)

It's not supposed to be a full structured track, more a quick library show case.

Thanks for listening !

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/trapped-in-space-mp3.17730/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Trapped in space.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
A quick feedback on the lib :
  • Very very surprised by how this lib can sound big and epic (yes I said the E word) and crisp/adventurous at the same time
  • Even more surprise by how it sound good out of the box. It sound great even with a flat CC1.
  • I like the spatialisation of the mixed mic.
  • I love the "Marcato" articulations and the "Staccato repetition" ones
The only problem I have, is : why solo instrument has no vitrato, am I missing something here ?

A quick feedback on the lib :
  • Very very surprised by how this lib can sound big and epic (yes I said the E word) and crisp/adventurous at the same time
  • Even more surprise by how it sound good out of the box. It sound great even with a flat CC1.
  • I like the spatialisation of the mixed mic.
  • I love the "Marcato" articulations and the "Staccato repetition" ones
The only problem I have, is : why solo instrument has no vitrato, am I missing something here ?

i thought vibrato can be controlled with CC2?

Now I'm wondering if my controller was still working properly. My 4 years old son love to push every buttons on it every time I'm leaving the room...
I let you guys know tonight.

My 4 years old son love to push every buttons on it every time I'm leaving the room...
At home, it's my cat. She particularly loves to rip off fader caps off my Mackie Control.
Moving faders and blinking lights drive her to a frenzy of excitement and wreak havoc in the studio.

Back on topic, your track sounds good. Very... cinematic actually.

At home, it's my cat. She particularly loves to rip off fader caps off my Mackie Control.
Moving faders and blinking lights drive her to a frenzy of excitement and wreak havoc in the studio.

Back on topic, your track sounds good. Very... cinematic actually.
On my nektar LX88 there is that horrible "Setup" button right in the middle of the keyboard... once he clic on it, every button/key he touch configure something! A real nightmare to setup back :mad: :grin:

I just tested it again and no vibrato :crying: a bit of a bummer.
And there is no setup part for it :
upload_2019-1-10_21-44-18.png
Compare to CSS
upload_2019-1-10_21-45-15.png
Happily my SM brass are still there for the mellow lines !

oh. too bad then.

actually, i've never tried CC58. How does it actually work ? Instead of using keyswitches, we use CC58 to switch between articulations?

Top Bottom