My reverb adventure reaches an end....

doctoremmet

So much love for 7th heaven. Definitely going to trial it. I'm hoping it doesn't provide anything more than Reverberate 2 because I don't want to spend money.

What kind of stuff are you using it for? Standard orchestral?
Watch that one Cory Pelizarri video - his 7H love letter. It convinced me. Got Core for $69. Incredible sound. Yes, it is my go to for tails in orchestral mixes.

vitocorleone123

So much love for 7th heaven. Definitely going to trial it. I'm hoping it doesn't provide anything more than Reverberate 2 because I don't want to spend money.

What kind of stuff are you using it for? Standard orchestral?
Counter point: not everyone loves Seventh Heaven. I’d donate it if someone gave it to me.

100% worth a demo (maybe Rooms even more so). Lots of people love it. Some don’t.

I like music

@I like music

2 for one special.

The superior combo is infinite + sample modeling into the same reverb.

I felt like I was giving SM a bad name by my really legathic attempt at it(remember what I said about being always unhappy)

that said, I know it's a bit off topic - but I added more info, how to EQ each aux, and here's an example with actual samples playing using that combination(the a2 trumpet using SM+infinite)

it can certainly work - but in order to get a big full sound it's a ton of effort.
Once again, thanks for this. Will spend this week trial-and-erroring it and seeing if I can get my SM strings to sit better. This sounded great.

Jkist

This was a fascinating thread to read haha. Very cool of you to share your thoughts and findings. I am considering picking up Spaces on sale right now. I remember hearing demos of the 7th Heaven verb, and being completely blown away. Then somehow I totally forgot about it. I think I'm gonna pick it up, at $60 for the basic version, hard to say no :P

OP
Mike T

Mike T

boring member
I actually still haven't bought it. Holding out for a sale/someone wanting to sell their license... and waiting to see what the near future might hold for reverb....

@I like music

I just tried to toss something together.
A rather far away mix - and that's more or less just based on the kind of random combination of things I grabbed the best sound came from a pretty far back sound mixing.

with careful programming it would work well enough.

That said, I kind of rolled the IR dice - and the most believable result involved leaning heavily towards the further IR's rather than the closer IR's.

I kind of blame that on the weird room that I picked for the middle verb, and the smoothed out/pushed back sound of SP2016 working better as some extra "shine" onto the teldex IR.
Hi, and thank you all for this enlightening discussion !
I can't access the twitch videos (apparently they have been deleted)
Is there another way to see those videos ?
thanks
ed