What's new

My Reasons For Planning To Become Famous

nAEvZ0I.gif

Have you read The Manual by The KLF?

I think I am going to get famous as well, after all. I never felt like it, but after I read I can get married sooner when I’m famous I might just go for it.

I figure I’d just go the KLF route. What worked for them’ll work for me.

https://freshonthenet.co.uk/the-manual-by-the-klf/

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the challenges you have had in your early life and the mental health issues, those things are pretty difficult to overcome.

I worry you might be under estimating the effort required to be as good and as famous as Hans Zimmer (not an uncommon situation to those new to a subject, it is called the Dunning-Kruger effect). Plus Hans in particular is so successful not through just his own abilities but because he is a team player, working with other talented people collaboratively.

You mention needing to learn 80 progressions, I think you would find it more valuable to read the Peter Alexander books you bought, specifically on functional harmony and why certain progressions work and when they can work and when they won't.

When you start studying music you realise how deep it goes.

In fairness..A few of the courses online can come close enough to being a bit scam-like..
Some are better than others. Just depends on what you want from the course as most are teaching you technique, rather than being a mindset course.

His Sports gematria posts look fairly solid too..
Hope he'll do something for the Olympics..

Gee, I guess I got into music for all the wrong reasons... wanting to become adept at the craft, develop a style/voice that is somewhat unique, and continue to develop and get better.... and celebrate/acknowledge the magnificent body of work left by giants such as Beethoven, Bach, Mahler, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Stravinsky, etc etc... Silly me.

Gee, I guess I got into music for all the wrong reasons... wanting to become adept at the craft, develop a style/voice that is somewhat unique, and continue to develop and get better.... and celebrate/acknowledge the magnificent body of work left by giants such as Beethoven, Bach, Mahler, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Stravinsky, etc etc... Silly me.
Did you really though?..
If you've come from the classical world maybe, but you were probably pushed into it by your parents..If you're here from a guitar background you probably got into it to become famous..

Top Bottom