What's new

My Reasons For Planning To Become Famous

FinGael

I Re Member

Best of luck. My two cents.

Your blog post somewhat reminded me of my past. When I was younger, I used to want to become an international star, but fortunately it didn't happen, because later on I became to realize that I was broken inside (childhood and youth related things), and understood that the motivating factors in trying to reach fame were not good for me - or for the others.

Nowadays I like to think that I would rather be a servant of music and art, because to me they are much bigger and important things than the ego, or the mind of a human. When one tries to take all credit and own things that grace the human by flowing through him or her, it usually can be seen or heard in what one creates. In most cases not in a good way.

So I took the other road; tried my best to correct the past mistakes, have been trying my best to become a better person, decided to stop competing with others, learn to appreciate life, art and human beings around me, and have a healthy relationship with myself. Now I feel I am adequate and can create from the love and appreciation for the thing, and it makes me much more content than the idea of being famous. It does not mean I don't want to develop my skills; actually it is quite the opposite.

My appreciation for art and creating has never been bigger than it is today, and discovering things in music feels fun and in many occasions like an adventure. That is where I originally started from - when I was a kid and fell deeply in love with music and making of it. Today I think that I would never exchange it to fame. And yes, I am aware that they don't exclude each other.

Last edited:

LOU

Fame is not a goal, it's an accident, something unplanned and imo it's too much troubles just to compensate a lack of love in someone's life.
Everyone I know that had this kind of relationship with what they were doing just got frustrated and never lasted long anyway. Because it's a really bad drive and mindset which prevents taking risks and being creative.
Creation is an end in itself, not a means to an end. Being successful at what you are doing instead should be more than enough.

3DC

Fame is not a goal, it's an accident...
No such thing as accident or luck when it comes to fame and success.
Fame is actually inevitable result of persistence, knowledge, goals, time, talent, stellar portfolio and communication.
If you have that people with money will find you even if you live straight in the middle of Amazonian jungle.

LOU

Fame is actually inevitable result of persistence, knowledge, goals, time, talent, stellar portfolio and communication.
I meant that this isn't something planned, you don't work toward fame, it comes to you or not. There is a lot of artists everywhere that meet all of the requirements you mentionned, they are successful at what they do, but they are not famous or barely and they probably don't care about it.
But I agree with you, if fame has to come it will be the result of all the hardwork you talked about.

FlyingAndi

I think you're one of the good guys in this forum. But I just like to point that for the record, I am NOT suffering from cognitive bias.
Well, you did write
What do I need to do to make this happen? -> It’s very simple. It’s like baking a cake.

Can you name anyone in the position where you want to be who would confirm that it was simple like baking a cake to get there?

(And I think most people here are good guys, that's why I spend so much time here.)

FinGael

I Re Member
Well, you did write
What do I need to do to make this happen? -> It’s very simple. It’s like baking a cake.

Can you name anyone in the position where you want to be who would confirm that it was simple like baking a cake to get there?

(And I think most people here are good guys, that's why I spend so much time here.)
I was once told, that "you can either talk about it or do it".

Maybe it is not that black and white, but it came from the mouth of a person whom I consider to be one of the wisest I've had the privilege to know...

dhmusic

An actual volleyball
-TikTok (be hot. cool hair. always unimpressed)
-Mythril fuckboi earring with +255 shame resist
-Complete all dance and lipsync sidequests
-Ringdatbell like comment subscribe to patreonlyfans brought to you by raid:SHEDOW LAGENDS

This combo totally breaks the early game but the game devs typically nerf the player around LVL 20

el-bo

When life gives you lemons, swap 'em for mangos
The replies were pretty mild, I did not see any comments that infuriated me.
Actually, I was going to suggest that you were lucky to have posted it here. There are many other places on the internet that would really rip you a new one, without any attempt to help.

But then I got curious to check if you had any post history here:

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 13.59.47.png

Perhaps it's a good thing that you posted the blog and gave us a window into your backstory. Without it, I'd be tempted to write you off as just being an arsehole. Now I think you're being an arsehole, but I have more sympathy and empathy for why that might be.

Suffice to say, unless you're planning on becoming famous 'in a vacuum', you're going to need to work out how to play nice with the rest of the world. And I reckon you have a lot of inner-work that needs doing, for that to happen.

You talk about developing a thick skin, but I don't think that's gonna help. For as much as it might stop the outside getting in, to hurt you, it'll also stop what's inside from getting out. With the huge list of trauma and obvious pent-up frustration and anger that you display, that seems like a really bad idea.

Perhaps you might consider seeking out some professional help.

Anyway, I hope you get what it is that you need :2thumbs:

Top Bottom