What's new

My Re-score Projects for a few Animated Films

FredericBernard

Hey guys,

I did a bunch of re-score projects, means I've replaced the original music of the specific films with mine. The music I've used is a mix of tracks that I had recorded with a studio orchestra in Hungary, while other tracks were produced solely with my sequencer.

-Ardman's Arthur Christmas Re-score Project (additionally to the original film's dialogs, which I had extracted out of the 5.1. sound track, hope you don't mind it's in German, as the german speaking girl was much cuter - anyway, I may add another english version later)

-Disneys Ratatouille Re-score Project

-Disney's Big Hero 6, Re-score Project

You can download the printed music PDF scores here:
http://fredericbernardmusic.com/pdf-scorestutorials/

The "Big Hero 6" score ("A murderous Romance") is completely free to download, same for the "Dear Santa" underscore scene of the Ardman Christmas Project.

All the best and have fun watching! :)

Frederic

Last edited:
OP
FredericBernard

FredericBernard

Just thought about giving this one a big *BUMP*! As of it's December right now (still snow missing here in Germany...), I think the Arthur one is especially great for setting a lovely christmas mood :)! Full Orchestral PDF scores for the whole music are available at my homepage.

Here's another one for you to enjoy:

Warm December grettings,
Frederic

fredericbernardmusic.com

Jdiggity1

Frederic, everything here is fantastic. well done.
Very thoughtful of you to share your scores also.

I can't understand why this thread has not gotten more attention. But then again, maybe most of us simply have nothing to add. :)
Thanks for sharing

tav.one

Life is Good
I'm loving these re-scores as I'm checking them. Well done @FredericBernard

I'd just want the music to be mixed a little quieter as its masking dialogues at some places, but I love the vibe a lot.

Jaap

Frederic, everything here is fantastic. well done.
Very thoughtful of you to share your scores also.

I can't understand why this thread has not gotten more attention. But then again, maybe most of us simply have nothing to add. :)
Thanks for sharing

Yes I agree, this is well done and really deserves some attention. Very tasteful rescores, I like the orchestrations and emotions you created.

OP
FredericBernard

FredericBernard

Wow - thank you all so much!!

I'm loving these re-scores as I'm checking them. Well done @FredericBernard

I'd just want the music to be mixed a little quieter as its masking dialogues at some places, but I love the vibe a lot.

Yah, I moved those knobs a bit up, just as it's more thought as a show-reel thing. If it would be an actual production I'd totally agree with you in mixing the voice(s) louder.

What's also interesting is, that the scores in the original movies are completely different from mine. Let's take a look at the original opening scene from Arthur:

It's pretty amazing to see that you can score a movie (or just anything else), in so many different ways. Same for how you orchestrate it; many different styles, which can all lead to very different, but equally amazing results.

Harry Gregson William's score had, compared to mine, a much mure subtle nature, with an underscore made out of sustained chords for the major part of it, while I decided to make it more like maybe an Randy Newman would score it (with the typical shuffle rhythm and other typical gestures), but still mixed my own stuff in as well. While I'd guess the Ratatouille rescore is much more inspired by Alan Menken, then it would follow Giacchinos scoring routine.

Anyway, Happy Holidays you guys, and enjoy those free PDF scores! (all are free at this time again)

Cheers!
-Frederic

fredericbernardmusic.com

Top Bottom