1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My own fear to put my original compositions on here: Loudness penalty.com!

Discussion in 'Working in the Industry' started by JEPA, Aug 8, 2018.

1. angeruroth

angeruroth Senior Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Sorry to say it, but this thread looks like a SEO positioning thing... All that URL posting...
    But what do I know... Afaik it could be a righteous thread, so please don't mind me.

2. gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

sorry. its the second page and im still not sure whats this about. IS that site strealing peoples music? Or is the site getting your info to sell it ... just like any other website and search engine?

3. S.M Hassani

S.M Hassani Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Hi Jepa,

Your thread title implies a negative experience with loudnesspenalty.com. But according to you, that never happened. This could hurt the people behind it for no reason. Ian Shepherd is a respectable mastering engineer, who has a lot to teach most of us about mixing/mastering. He dedicates a good chunk of his time to advocate and educate about tasteful mastering practices.

Do look him up as I'm sure you'll benefit from his work. (Not implying anything about your skill level here) I would hope you revise your thread title after doing so.

This part I totally agree with.

Here's a couple of videos if anyone is interested:

His DynaMeter Plugin:

Cheers,

S.M

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    JEPA and NoamL like this.
  4. nordicguy

nordicguy Senior Member

Jan 18, 2007
    I’m definitely seconding a new title for this thread.
    Interestingly enough, thread’s title brought them own debates recently.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    JEPA

JEPA Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Germany
    I want to apologise for without learning about this website loudnesspenalty, quickly expressing my doubts about posting any composition on there, and in general in other mastering services. But all the comments are right, great professionals working in reliable companies.
    I think is more a sort of fear about giving away unreleased material to test only loudness not having a direct contact to a human being behind this algorithm (the app at the website). Only anonymous putting a song to see if it complies the loudness standard, i would not do. But if in contact with somebody is another thing. In general, 0s and 1s flying away in the internet...

I 've changed the thread title to not hurt anybody without knowing exactly what i was talking about, like said before it was an impulse, instinct.

All the best,
    Jorge

Nils Neumann and Glenn Broersma like this.