What's new

My first trailer (with video)

like it overall, but what i dont like is the premade percussion loop in the beginning. its damage or cinesamples if i remember right. its better to come up with something selfmade instead of using loops, but thats probably just me.

whatever, you keep getting better and better and it was the right choice not to sell everything ;D

like it overall, but what i dont like is the premade percussion loop in the beginning. its damage or cinesamples if i remember right. its better to come up with something selfmade instead of using loops, but thats probably just me.

whatever, you keep getting better and better and it was the right choice not to sell everything ;D

I'd agree, it's better in the artistic sense to create everything from scratch, but does the listener care? I very much doubt it. It fits well in this instance too, so if you've paid for it and it works, use it.

I like the musical concept and production value, but one thing which nobody mentiones or maybe it is just me: I think your pacing a bit too slow for what the average meter and pulse in this video really is about. But thats just my own feeling after watching it once. Did you tap the tempo before? I do that often to get a feel for the internal clock and the right pacing is very important, sometimes even more than the stylistical choices around that..

I'd agree, it's better in the artistic sense to create everything from scratch, but does the listener care? I very much doubt it. It fits well in this instance too, so if you've paid for it and it works, use it.

I agree with you both. In a composers eyes (ears...) will it be the best to make everything from scratch yourself, but the listeners / viewers very mutch dont care I guess..

I like the musical concept and production value, but one thing which nobody mentiones or maybe it is just me: I think your pacing a bit too slow for what the average meter and pulse in this video really is about. But thats just my own feeling after watching it once. Did you tap the tempo before? I do that often to get a feel for the internal clock and the right pacing is very important, sometimes even more than the stylistical choices around that..

Honestly, this is my first try to set video and music together. I just downloaded a random trailer and put it together to the halfmade track. Everything done yesterday. So I agree, this film should maybe have a more uptempo trailertheme to be perfect.

Honestly, this is my first try to set video and music together. I just downloaded a random trailer and put it together to the halfmade track. Everything done yesterday. So I agree, this film should maybe have a more uptempo trailertheme to be perfect.

It is just a suggestion. Maybe you could try that out.

The first part did not connect the music with the image for me and mainly due to what Alexander already pointed out, the internal clock is different. The music itself is working fine, but in combination with the video, check really what is going and get that feel. Second part worked better.

My tip would be, take your time to work on things. I totally don't see the relevance in doing it in one day. Unless you have a client screaming in the back of your head with a tight deadline, there is no need to rush things. And doing it quick now in one day, doesn't make you better in doing it quick in the future when working on tight deadlines. I think it is important to take your time to develop your skills.

The first part did not connect the music with the image for me and mainly due to what Alexander already pointed out, the internal clock is different. The music itself is working fine, but in combination with the video, check really what is going and get that feel. Second part worked better.

My tip would be, take your time to work on things. I totally don't see the relevance in doing it in one day. Unless you have a client screaming in the back of your head with a tight deadline, there is no need to rush things. And doing it quick now in one day, doesn't make you better in doing it quick in the future when working on tight deadlines. I think it is important to take your time to develop your skills.
I totally agree Jaap :)

This was just for training. But I am really happy with the result though:) Because its my first try:)

Next will be better! (and use more time...) Got Albion 1 and Omnisphere 2 to try out ;)

I totally agree Jaap :)

This was just for training. But I am really happy with the result though:) Because its my first try:)

Next will be better! (and use more time...) Got Albion 1 and Omnisphere 2 to try out ;)

It is really a nice try for a first time working with video and after I posted I realised it might have come over as a bit harsh because I realised I probably misunderstood your post about 1 day, because there is of course not wrong with posting it to get feedback after a good day of work :D Curious to hear more later and have fun with Omnisphere 2!

It is really a nice try for a first time working with video and after I posted I realised it might have come over as a bit harsh because I realised I probably misunderstood your post about 1 day, because there is of course not wrong with posting it to get feedback after a good day of work :D Curious to hear more later and have fun with Omnisphere 2!

LOL :) No problem. My skin is a lot thicker now than when I started making this kind of music in august.

I am considering changing the first part, it is too simple - basically its just a loop going..

I am very happy with part 2.

Congratulations, very well done! My only slight "complaint" would be that there is no single reference to "Asian" scales or music, something I personally would expect given the setting of the movie.

Last edited:
Congratulations, very well done! My only slight "complain" would be that there is no single reference to "Asian" scales or music, something I personally would expect given the setting of the movie.
Thanx man!

Hello! Jacky Chan is the most american asian guy you can find on this planet ;)

Top Bottom