What's new

My first official 8dio Demo! (Intimate Studio Brass)

Really good one. Glad 8dio decided for more demos in case of studio brass, especially when they received one like that! It's a pity they did not do the same with studio strings. The brass surely got my attention now ;)

Thank you all! :whistling::grin:

Yes, the lack of demos for Intimate Studio Strings was quite strange... I hope that doesn't happen again. Hope demo composers get invited for EVERY library haha! *licking lips*

Beautiful, really enjoyed listening to it. 3 times :)

Btw what other instruments were used? Are you constrained to 8DIO when doing these is what I was wondering?

Beautiful, really enjoyed listening to it. 3 times :)

Btw what other instruments were used? Are you constrained to 8DIO when doing these is what I was wondering?
Thank you!! :)

The strings are Cinematic Studio Strings + their solo strings. With a lot of processing...
The piano is the Bosendorfer from EW Pianos. Gold - With 1 additional mic (close) with my Composer Cloud subscription. Just a suble bit of the close mic.
The harp is EW's Hollywood Harp.
Ah, and some free piano library coming in at 0:57 for the faster lines. Can't remember which. If anyone cares I can check.
(copy paste from another comment in case anyone wonders if I'm a robot haha)

I liked it a lot.

I got the impression that you had something real to say - which isn't often the case for me ((imho) - in many ways shallow and superficial world we are currently living in)).

It took me on a trip to somewhere and something. In this case I think I do not even want to know more; I am content with how it plucked the strings inside me. There are times when a bit of mystery is better than knowing it all.

Thank you and congratulations Lionel. Wish you the best in future endeavours.

Last edited:
Good writing and fits the title, the brass sound nice Glad you got the freedom to express.
Thank you!!
I liked it a lot.

I got the impression that you had something real to say - which isn't often the case for me ((imho) - in many ways shallow and superficial world we are currently living in)).

It took me on a trip to somewhere and something. In this case I think I do not even want to know more; I am content with how it plucked the strings inside me. There are times when a bit of mystery is better than knowing it all.

Thank you and congratulations Lionel. Wish you the best in future endeavours.
Very happy to hear that! Thank you. I'm always happy when someone gets a personal connection to something I wrote since that's the place it's coming from.

I'm very happy to have been picked for 8dio's demo composer team!

This is my first piece, I'll definitely be doing more in the future.
I've never written for many individual brass voices before, so this was a jump into cold water in the brass department.
I'm not sure what to think of the track - I'm proud of it and at the same find it quite odd in some ways.

I wanted to musically look at different aspects of the "secret admirer" subject.
The melancholic and deeply mournful aspect, some more light-hearted/comedic moments with somewhat sleezy trumpet lines and times of being lost in beautiful dreams and imaginations.
All in one piece and sometimes at the same time, so the plan. :)

Happy to know what you think.

I'm happy for you DarkestShadow. This is very nicely done. :)

Damn this is great, and the brass sounds gorgeous!
Thanks! :)
I loved the legato... very playable as can be heard in some of the demos including mine here and there. I wasn't a big fan of the first trumpet, so I used the second one for most trumpet parts. ;)
Just like in Cinematic Studio Solo Strings... I also prefer the second violin. Seems like I appreciate outcasts! :P

Beautiful piece !
I wish i was picked up as a demo writer ! ;)
Would you consider writing another one showcasing the strongest side of this library ?
For i have a feeling those brass lack a Forte ... from what i can hear on 8DIO's page ...

Hey Lionel, thank you for sharing your demos. I wish 8Dio comes back to where they once were, releasing plenty of fresh and inspiring libraries like their Claire series (currently on sale) or their epic percussion... Hopefully their studio brass has the consistency of a decent sample library.
And I have to say, Troell's kind of pop music is really a music genre on its own;)
First post of mine btw, I was reading a lot here over the past months and now I can finally share my thoughts too.

Beautiful piece !
I wish i was picked up as a demo writer ! ;)
Would you consider writing another one showcasing the strongest side of this library ?
For i have a feeling those brass lack a Forte ... from what i can hear on 8DIO's page ...
Thank you! :)

There are 12 more demos for the library, so this should be good hehe. The library doesn't have forte layers... had my mod cranked up for some of the lines.
It's also not to be expected since the focus is an intimate sound.
Hey Lionel, thank you for sharing your demos. I wish 8Dio comes back to where they once were, releasing plenty of fresh and inspiring libraries like their Claire series (currently on sale) or their epic percussion... Hopefully their studio brass has the consistency of a decent sample library.
And I have to say, Troell's kind of pop music is really a music genre on its own;)
First post of mine btw, I was reading a lot here over the past months and now I can finally share my thoughts too.
I initially had my problems with Studio Brass (part of it it was that I only had the close mics for in the BETA version), but I like it more and more. The legato is definitely super realistic and playable.
Although I wonder why no horn has been sampled.
I'm currently writing another demo for a library and all I can say is... it's reeeally amazing in it's department!
Anything else is confidential. ;)
Btw, I don't think Troels is a Troell! :D

Nice piece. As others said, the brass is a bit hidden in the mix, but otherwise well done

Lionel, this was so freakin' good, dude. So beautiful :crying::crying::crying:

*EDIT*

Also, for what it's worth, I feel like the way you integrated/mixed the brass really highlighted its strengths.

Last edited:
I really love this demo! Very nicely done!
My two cents on the issue of mixing to bring the product to the forefront would be that mixing it isn't how to bring it to the forefront, that'll just make it jump out unnaturally, and the product isn't served by that at all. To put instruments on the forefront you compose that way. So that other instruments have been composed around the ones you want to show off to frame them well.

Nice piece. As others said, the brass is a bit hidden in the mix, but otherwise well done
Thanks!
The controversial brass... ;) Well, if I would've had the final say it would be even quiter hehe.
Lionel, this was so freakin' good, dude. So beautiful :crying::crying::crying:

*EDIT*

Also, for what it's worth, I feel like the way you integrated/mixed the brass really highlighted its strengths.
Thank you Daniel! Happy you like it! + The mix. ;)
I really love this demo! Very nicely done!
My two cents on the issue of mixing to bring the product to the forefront would be that mixing it isn't how to bring it to the forefront, that'll just make it jump out unnaturally, and the product isn't served by that at all. To put instruments on the forefront you compose that way. So that other instruments have been composed around the ones you want to show off to frame them well.
Thank you! Yes, agree on that statement. It would have to be a different arrangement to make the brass stand out more naturally. But well, I'll put the music first because for the exposed and out of the box brass there are walkthroughs. But I could send 8dio naked versions when appropriate... I've seen that in the past for some of their products.

Top Bottom