What's new

My fav youtube educational videos:

I watched half of your moody trailer vid while I was at work. It was excellent and very beginner friendly. Exactly what I was looking for. Learning principles, best practices, and everything is good but I prefer your style. Which is more of "I'm going to do/try this and this is why" approach. I'll check out the other guys you mentioned too. Thanks again.
I appreciate it, many thanks! Let me know if there are other styles you’re curious about; I’m always open to suggestions. :)

I've been following a number of the tutorials listed from which I have & am learning a great deal. I have found them essential viewing for complementing studying from manuals & textbooks - particularly for self-studying music enthusiasts like me.

A big thank you to those generous music tutors.

Cheers

When it comes to general mixing tips, mastering, studio, speaker placement, thinking about releasing an album, many other great tips, basic pointers and valuable insight, this channel is invaluable:

Sonic Scoop

Hi

here in one place are my Fav Youtube videos. You can learn heaps from these babies and some of them have Patreon subscriptions for as low as $5 a month which will let you start a dialogue and ask questions.

All the best

ed

Ohh some great study material here.

I'm always a fan of watching along with the scores to orchestral classics.

Can never go wrong with some Rhapsody in Blue...

Ohh some great study material here.

I'm always a fan of watching along with the scores to orchestral classics.

Can never go wrong with some Rhapsody in Blue...

Piano music is easier for me to follow along. No trying to figure out which instrument line I should be following for what instrument. :)

But I agree. It is great to be able to follow the notes while listening.

Edit - Started watching after posting. It isn't straight piano, which I was expecting. I wish the scores were a little larger. :)

Piano music is easier for me to follow along. No trying to figure out which instrument line I should be following for what instrument. :)

But I agree. It is great to be able to follow the notes while listening.

Edit - Started watching after posting. It isn't straight piano, which I was expecting. I wish the scores were a little larger. :)

Haha yea, very true- you do have to squint to see all the parts... but it's fun getting an idea of the piece at least!

Both him and Mike Verta always make me smile.

This channel is not bad either:

😬
I’m learning more from your channel than any other at the moment as you focus on how to do things like; compose from a piano sketch or how to do ostinato... things I can really follow and do myself. This whole field of composition is very daunting, I watched a video where @christianhenson admitted sobbing when he tried to compose the for time and to be honest I really know the feeling. When you add in learning synths and sound design as well, it feels like climbing up a mountain. However Nico your videos and humour which I make it that bit easier.

I’m learning more from your channel than any other at the moment as you focus on how to do things like; compose from a piano sketch or how to do ostinato... things I can really follow and do myself. This whole field of composition is very daunting, I watched a video where @christianhenson admitted sobbing when he tried to compose the for time and to be honest I really know the feeling. When you add in learning synths and sound design as well, it feels like climbing up a mountain. However Nico your videos and humour which I make it that bit easier.

These are some high praises! Thanks a lot for this. As I started myself about two years ago, I definitely remember the beginner feeling. It's still very fresh. Been teaching software programming for many years now and I always try to "make the videos I would have wanted to see when starting", if this makes sense :)

Top Bottom