My adventurous orchestral walkthrough at Youtube - JXL Brass, Cinematic Studio Strings etc.

tabulius

Hi,

I just uploaded a new track of mine to Youtube. Please check it out and I would welcome any thoughts or critiques about the arrangement, mixing etc. I wrote a detailed description of all the virtual instruments I've used in the Youtube, but I might as well copy-paste it here.

Woodwinds: Berlin woodwinds. Bass clarinets and contrabass clarinets are from Orchestral Tools Ark2. Solo flute is Symphobia 2.

Brass: JXL Brass. Solo horn Majestic horn. Trumpets were from Caspian brass doubled by JXL solo trumpet in a few places. French horns legato and shorts were doubled by Berlin Brass.

Strings: Cinematic Studio Strings doubled with CSSS, Bohemian solo violin, Tina Guo cello, Soaring Strings, Fluid Shorts, East West Hollywood Strings for doubling the fasts runs.

Percussion: Cineperc (+harp Cinesamples as well)

Choir: Legato parts from Ark1, chords from 8Dios V8P library Emperium Destiny and Titan.

I know this question might come up so reverbs I used were mainly from Seventh Heaven and a final master verb from Spaces II.

Snarf

Cool piece! Great to see more S1 users :)
I appreciate the effort of making a screencast. How did you do that? I'm trying to find a way to record audio and video simultaneously from S1.

OP
tabulius

tabulius

Cool piece! Great to see more S1 users :)
I appreciate the effort of making a screencast. How did you do that? I'm trying to find a way to record audio and video simultaneously from S1.
Thanks! I used the free OBS studio. There was a bit head-scratching in the beginning because getting out the daw's audio into stream record wasn't simple as I thought.

All thanks to this dude who did an excellent tutorial on how to set up an RME Totalmix FX to work with OBS studio:

But depending on your hardware, the set up will be different.