What's new

Muzzle on Daniel James?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to close this thread now, and in a shameless act of hypocrisy, I'm going to have the last word. (For people who feel they still haven't yet made their point, this thread is still open.)

There's a lot that I like about running the forum. I get to try out my ideas for how I think the forum should work. I enjoy writing the newsletter. I get to plug Realitone (where Realivox Ladies is currently $100 off!) and then pretend that plug was accidental. There's lots to like about this gig.

There are some things I really don't like, though, and this is one of them. The other recent dramas were bad, and this last two months have been rough, but this one was worse, because it's much more personal. Paul and Christian are my friends. We've met in person, we've had some laughs, and I have tons of respect for them. Daniel James is also my friend. (I hope I can insert the word "still" into that sentence. If not, I hope, "again some day soon" would apply.) We've also met in person, we've had some laughs, and I have tons of respect for him, too.

There's a thread on the the forum right now about how valuable to the forum Evil Dragon and Charlie Clouser are. I started to write a post in that thread sharing my own little stories about them. I didn't post it, though, because as I was typing, I realized I could say similar things about Daniel, who obviously has also been an incredible asset here. (And I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope he will continue.) Maybe I overthink things, but it seemed like it would be a slap in Daniel's face for me to tell glowing stories about Mario and Charlie at the same time as I'm causing him pain. Almost like saying,"Nyah, nyah, Daniel, you've already been forgotten!"

I really do need to cut down on the bickering and drama on the forum, but playing judge and jury with friends is the last thing I want to do. It sucks to be in this situation, because one side or the other is going to be very unhappy with whatever I do and I may lose friends because of it. All because during Frederick's fundraiser drama last summer, I stupidly thought, "Hey, I could pull the forum out of this mess!" It never occurred to me at the time that I would eventually be faced with situations like this.

I don't know if what I did was right. I stand by my decision, but I can't help but second guess if there was a better way. The email exchange between Daniel and me was entirely pleasant, and I actually thought that I had somehow managed to thread this needle, but based on what's happened since then, I guess I didn't.

I hope Daniel is reading this, because I'm sorry things worked out the way they did. I really am. Maybe there was a better way, maybe I read things wrong, but I did the best I could. I take responsibility for my decisions and actions, but for what it's worth, these aren't decisions or actions I ever wanted to take. I just wanted to write the damn newsletter and make "Hey, it looks like Realitone has something cool!" jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom