What's new

Musical Sampling | PLCK | $119

Surprised by the low latency on these. The pre-pluck on most instruments is 30 or 40 ms, percussion is cut to the transient. Doesn't really need delay compensation to work with other libraries (I mean, I nudge everything, but that's more of a personal hangup), and still adds a lot! I'm guessing the release samples are really working together with the pre-plucks for quantized sequences, the simplest stuff sounds real

it's one of those "gem" libraries! a real time saver with no realism compromised. I would have paid the $79 for that upright bass alone.

it's one of those "gem" libraries! a real time saver with no realism compromised. I would have paid the $79 for that upright bass alone.

On that note Aaron, any brushed percussions on your agenda? I'd assume this would be genius if done with same recording/scripting technique (with attention to pre-attack, sustain, release). sure brushed percussions is a different beast, but the simple concept of "PLCK" just makes me wish for more instruments done in the same way :)

Just when I thought it was safe to look in the commercial announcements... I am, I admit, fence sitting, it is a very cool concept, and from the demos I've heard it is well executed. But do I really want to buy a new library right now? I've managed to push back on temptation for a while now, this one could break the streak<G>!

On that note Aaron, any brushed percussions on your agenda? I'd assume this would be genius if done with same recording/scripting technique (with attention to pre-attack, sustain, release). sure brushed percussions is a different beast, but the simple concept of "PLCK" just makes me wish for more instruments done in the same way :)
After five drum kit libraries in a row, I don’t anticipate doing another percussion library anytime soon. :) The idea makes me break out into a cold sweat.

Wow, this is a great library: I love the playability and response to note length. After starting in with the mandolin I knew I already had my money's worth. Fun to play and inspiring. Thanks!

And THAT is Soaring Woodwinds confirmed people! ❤
The stupid thing about jokes like these is, now I have inadvertently laid bare a pressing need in my life that I wasn’t even aware of before...

Soaring Woodwinds - ideal for those full vib lyrical solo passages
Adventure Woodwinds - when you need those short staccatissimo winds*)
Trailer Hurricanes - for all of those Tom & Jerry woodwind moments and every other type of windy mayhem
*) layers especially well with PLCK

Last edited:
The stupid thing about jokes like these is, now I have inadvertently laid bare a pressing need in my life that I wasn’t even aware of before...

Soaring Woodwinds - ideal for those full vib lyrical solo passages
Adventure Woodwinds - when you need those short staccatissimo winds
Trailer Hurricanes - for all of those Tom & Jerry woodwind moments and every other type of windy mayhem

That was a scary timing. At 9 o Clock in the morning the Europeans tend to think about Adventure Woodwinds every day.

That was a scary timing. At 9 o Clock in the morning the Europeans tend to think about Adventure Woodwinds every day.
It’s a thing... and a sure sign we’re on to something here. Yesterday it seemed merely a joke. But now we have planted a seed that shall bear fruit. Aaron will have feverish dreams, and cannot escape his fate. “There shall be Adventurous Woodwinds!”

It’s a thing... and a sure sign we’re on to something here. Yesterday it seemed merely a joke. But now we have planted a seed that shall bear fruit. Aaron will have feverish dreams, and cannot escape his fate. “There shall be Adventurous Woodwinds!”

If thinking of Adventure Woodwinds should have ever been considered a joke, we are living in truly dark times, my friend!

We all want it, that's certain!

Awesome Instrument(s)! Just had a quick test-session with it and already fell in love. :D
If anyone is interested in another user demo - Here you go!

Novel Challenge_PLCK-test.mp3
Awesome demo! I’ve been on the fence for this library the last week, trying to figure out its usefulness for me. The website demos just didn’t do it for me, but your tune resonated with me, so thx! Will pick it up.

These samples follow the Law of Aaron. It is a universal law of nature that says that all sample libraries created by guys named Aaron sound extremely cool and are great value. Just saying.

Top Bottom