Musical Sampling last Sale of the Year

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by JEPA, Nov 5, 2018.

1. richardt4520

richardt4520 Active Member

Feb 2, 2018
    I have Adventure Brass and Trailer Brass. I don't use AB for much since I have a few brass libraries that cover that ground better (Caspian sits better in its place, imo). Now Trailer Brass... I don't have ANYTHING else that does what that does. And for anyone who has Forzo and was let down by the lack of sizzle and growl in the higher brass (it seems to have plenty in the lows though) , you can layer a little TB to get that back and it works reaaaally well.

2. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Shit, now i am in conflict of wether i should get trailer brass, adventure brass, hollywood brass gold or just save up the last bit of money instead..

3. richardt4520

Feb 2, 2018
    Decisions... damn! haha If this helps, Trailer Brass isn't the best for a bread and butter library since it's panned left and right and Adventure Brass sounds decent but a little anemic to my ears. Hollywood brass has its own issues (in mine, the Tubas pop and don't loop correctly on some patches) but the Horns are awesome and the Trombones will go from smooth to bell rattling really nice with the mod wheel. Trumpets are decent, too. Also everything's laid out in traditional seating, i think. If I could only have 1 out of those 3 it would be HBG, personally.

DivingInSpace likes this.
  4. j_kranz

j_kranz Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Texas
    Curious about this... is it not seated 'in position'? And if not, how easy do you find it to gel with Forzo (which I love but agree could use a little more sizzle)?

richardt4520 likes this.
  5. richardt4520

Feb 2, 2018
    According to Musical Sampling, "To get the wide, wall-of-brass sound we were looking for, we sat the players evenly across the stage of a huge concert hall." It does blend well with Forzo though due to the huge amount of verb on Forzo, which is part of the sound. Also, I'm just bringing the volume up on TB until I can hear a little sizzle creeping in. It's not an equal mix. And generally when going for that kind of sound, it's a loud dense mix anyway.

j_kranz likes this.
  6. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    [QUOTE="richardt4520, post: 4300977, member: 16547" i think. If I could only have 1 out of those 3 it would be HBG, personally.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks man, i'll keep what you wrote in mind. I have some good ensembles (especially symphobia) but thinks that it is lacking a bit in the lower, more growling, end, and of cause i lack the individual sections.

richardt4520 likes this.
  7. NoamL

NoamL Winter <3

Jul 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    It's 10 horns and 10 trombones, but each section is seated in an arc across the stage.

It's actually really good for trailer music, because when the "drop" hits you want the brass chords to fill up the whole stereo field and not just be coming from the far right or left stage.

For what it's worth, the trombones in Trailer Brass and the ones in Caspian are amazing for that huge ff low brass sound. For even lower brass I like the "Lo Brass Nasty" patch in Iceni and the "Horde" patch in Trailer Brass.

If you don't have any brass yet IMO start out with AB or HWB, as they are the most "standard" and vanilla libraries. AB is really good to get ideas down quickly, and HWB has a very comprehensive set of articulations plus mutes.

8. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I have all of their libraries, and I can tell you that they are all awesome in their own right. However, they are niche libraries, and are missing a variety of articulations. Also, both TB and TS will kill your CPU when you use the Adventure patches.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Henu and stprodigy like this.
  9. Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Bought trailer brass. Worth it just for “the horde”.

10. Hanu_H

Hanu_H Senior Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Adventure Strings is the best compliment for Soaring Strings and Adventure Brass. I use them all the time together, SS for legatos and AS for other articulations. Great for that John Williams type of sound.

-Hannes

sostenuto likes this.
  11. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Many thanks for this focused help! :thumbsup: All quality offerings from Musical Sampling ….. and tough to choose 'one'.
    Adventure Strings makes solid sense, given what I have, yet it took your Reply to pull together my fragmented thoughts.

Regards

Hanu_H likes this.
  12. AdamAlake

AdamAlake Music Person

So the discount ends precisely at midnight between 11th and 12th November?

13. richardt4520

Feb 2, 2018
    Edit: My bad. I'll just remove this! :D

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  14. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    THX! Quality sounds, non-so-quality customer mentality. Was ready to add to current MS libs, but not now! :mad:
    Really! So many cool alternatives. Bye MS ….:sick:

richardt4520 likes this.
  15. richardt4520

Feb 2, 2018
    Edit: And this!

sostenuto likes this.
  16. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Nobody with slightest 'marketing' sense would behave like MS has in your case. Very saavy global market out there, and decisions like this get their rewards … :eek:. (actually already have as my pending order has been zapped).

richardt4520 likes this.
  17. NoamL

NoamL Winter <3

Jul 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    On the other hand, seems like a pity to miss out on a great library over $10. :) I use Adventure Strings all the time.

Gerbil likes this.
  18. Aaron Sapp

Aaron Sapp Senior Member

Sep 26, 2004
    With respect, my exact words to this request was: "Thanks for the email. At this time we cannot offer anything not already advertised on our site. I'm sure you understand."

We've received many requests like this in the past and have never budged for one reason; to ensure that everyone that ever purchases our libraries at any point in time are treated fairly. Nobody is getting a better deal than anybody else and those who take a leap of faith purchasing our bundles are rewarded with the savings, which can be up to $120 at normal prices.

No hard feelings and I hope this sheds a little light on our practices.

19. richardt4520

Feb 2, 2018
    Edit: Aaaand this. Love my libraries! Thanks, Aaron!

TheSigillite, MartinH. and MarcelM like this.
  20. Uiroo

Uiroo New Member

Nov 6, 2018
    I see this whole discount stuff as a strategy game.
    Basically, the seller looses if the customer knows exactly what he wants and wins if the customer is undetermined what to buy, when, at what price.
    So buying without thinking it through and expecting the seller to make up for it is wrong, i think.
    Even when there's 50% off already.

Sure it's nice, Spitfire Audio does it by default, but I don't find it is an obligation.

edit: And to me that has nothing to do with customer service, it is bargaining.

richardt4520 likes this.