Musical Sampling is having a sale!!!

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by Mike Fox, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    Thank you :)

2. tadam

tadam Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Hungary
  3. OP
    OP
    Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Some of the best strings and brass in the industry.

stprodigy and Akarin like this.
  4. Robert_G

Robert_G It really is just an expensive hobby for me

Feb 6, 2019
    Very tempting but if a person owned CSS, would there be any reason to buy soaring strings or adventure strings?

5. Akarin

Akarin pragsound.com

Jan 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    I got both Adventure and Soaring Strings. I spent 15 mins to make these two tests:

1. Soaring Strings

2. Adventure Strings (Adventure patch only)

Just added a bit of reverb, saturation and a cut at about 500Hz. I'm blown away by the workflow speed... there's literally nothing to do except playing. Very happy with my purchase. Now, I'll get to testing Adventure Brass!

stprodigy, Fry777 and leon chevalier like this.
  6. Shiirai

Shiirai Resident Crow

Oct 11, 2018
    I wish I had the budget for this. Alas, I must wait.

7. gussunkri

gussunkri Member

Jun 28, 2018
    How is Adventure brass as a general brass library? Can it do softer passages as well? Choosing between it and Spitfire studio brass.

8. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Have Soaring Strings & Adventure Brass. Struggling a bit with choices of additional Strings and Brass.
    Demos are big help, but still tough choosing for long-term.

9. Robert_G

Robert_G It really is just an expensive hobby for me

Feb 6, 2019
    Im confused here. Soaring strings has just 2 patches for each instrument and nothing else. Unless this is the best legato in the industry....im not seeing the value???

10. Fry777

Fry777 pragsound.com

Nov 27, 2017
    These instruments are meant for efficiency : playability and quick results, similar to Performance Samples approach... but it may not be everyone's cup of tea of course

dariusofwest and Akarin like this.
  11. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Ah man. Seriously tempted. It's been a while since I've bought anything.

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  12. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Listened to all of the demos and these libraries do sound absolutely great.

Jasper Blunk's Breathe in, Breathe Out (Trailer Brass demo) is fantastic. Too many good pieces of music to list.

13. randybobandy

randybobandy Member

Apr 13, 2018
    These are niche collections - superb at what they do, but not a one stop shop. Soaring strings legato is lush!

14. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I like the "Navigating the 405" demo for the title alone! As someone who has spent much more time than I'd like doing just that, it made me laugh out loud.

I should play it on my car system the next time I hop on the freeway. (Obviously, it's much more fitting for fighting your way into the flow of traffic. It would be an even more comical accompaniment for the stop and go snail's pace of rush hour.)

Best,

Geoff

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  15. randybobandy

randybobandy Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Has anyone got experience comparing the Trailer shorts with Adventure shorts for both strings and brass? I have Trailer versions just wondering how different the Adventures are.

16. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I had this issue causing clicks with Adventure Strings. Aaron said no one is complaining about clicks! Probably he is not reading this thread.. Anyway updating komplete kontrol to 2.1.1 - released yesterday (I wasn’t using kontakt) resolved most of the issues related to cpu spikes.. will update this in the nex 24 hours if i see something to the contrary.
    Anyone have similar issues With Soarinng Strings? Was planning to buy those as well. Windows 10 with Cubase 10.0.15 i8700k.

17. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Gonna pass on this deal. Saving for a new PC instead as I keep buying samples and don’t have enough computer horsepower to run everything. Fingers crossed there be another sale later this year as they do seem very playable!

18. Aaron Sapp

Aaron Sapp Senior Member

Sep 26, 2004
  19. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Aaron, I'm curious if you have any other instruments in the works? :whistling:

Sovereign and Daniel F. like this.
  20. Daniel F.

Daniel F. Member

Oct 20, 2016
    @Aaron Sapp really like the concept of these products and they sound awesome.
    And Im hoping this sale is planned as a chance to buy all the adventure stuff before you release Adventure Woodwinds :whistling: