What's new

MUSIC: What are you listening to ? ?

I'm currently obsessed with this cover of "Misty Mountains," originally from Peter Jackson's first Hobbit film. The singing is terrific and the choral arrangement is otherworldly. When Peter Hollens sings "But shrill and harsh," it's accompanied by such a cool chord, up angelically high (I believe sung by Peter in a high falsetto, but wow!). That and the following two chords...mmmm, so haunting.

I like how the arrangement drops the bass in the middle so that when it returns, it has so much more impact than if it had been present all along. And that final note from Tim Foust is something you have to experience to believe.

Listening to these tracks that Thom Yorke posted:

5F9C5215-AADB-4C69-92F5-753487525D47.jpeg
That is one of the more diverse playlists I've seen in while. Good for Thom York for being such a musical omnivore. Paul Lanksy is rare on any playlist, yet he's on this one twice, alongside other interesting choices like Floating Points/Pharoah Sanders/LSO, Nina Simone, and Kenny Wheeler. Based on the strength of the names I know, I'm going to have to check out a few of the names on this list that I don't know.

That is one of the more diverse playlists I've seen in while. Good for Thom York for being such a musical omnivore. Paul Lanksy is rare on any playlist, yet he's on this one twice, alongside other interesting choices like Floating Points/Pharoah Sanders/LSO, Nina Simone, and Kenny Wheeler. Based on the strength of the names I know, I'm going to have to check out a few of the names on this list that I don't know.
I know right? Definitely check out black midi’s debut album. I’ve enjoyed it very much as my “lockdown soundtrack” last year. Incredibly young talents, mixing up King Crimson, postpunk and Sonic Youth. Or something.

Last edited:
She tried to make "Tell me why I dont like Mondays"

:2thumbs:

Where in Spain are you located? Do they play her on Costa del Sol?

Bo means bull in vietnamese, unless you knew, you know it now.
So, in Spanamese 'El Bo' would mean 'The Bull'. I can dig it :2thumbs:

Not sure whether 'they' play Regina on the Costa Del Sol. I'm on the Costa Blanca, and about as far from the 'they' as it gets. The only thing that filters through the airwaves to my ears seems to be a constant rotation of Trap and Reggaeton.

Also can't get the Boomtown Rats comparison ;)

So, in Spanamese 'El Bo' would mean 'The Bull'. I can dig it :2thumbs:

Not sure whether 'they' play Regina on the Costa Del Sol. I'm on the Costa Blanca, and about as far from the 'they' as it gets. The only thing that filters through the airwaves to my ears seems to be a constant rotation of Trap and Reggaeton.

Also can't get the Boomtown Rats comparison ;)

With greetings from Jaen (occasionally).

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Top Bottom