What's new

MUSIC: What are you listening to ? ?

Man, I listen to nothing. Haven't been for years. I hate it. I fear stagnation of my own vocabulary because of that. But I just can't seem to get into anything that's out there. I hate popular music, it drives me up a wall, and "artsy" stuff is mostly just more of the hypothermic, narcissistic, meandering bullcrap like always with these types. Maybe it's me.

Man, I listen to nothing. Haven't been for years. I hate it. I fear stagnation of my own vocabulary because of that. But I just can't seem to get into anything that's out there. I hate popular music, it drives me up a wall, and "artsy" stuff is mostly just more of the hypothermic, narcissistic, meandering bullcrap like always with these types. Maybe it's me.

I’m with you here...although I listen to “new” (new to me) music all the time. Most pop and independent music is bad. You have to dig though. It’s out there.

New Plaid album, so far so good!

What are some of your favorite bands and artists?

What are some of your favorite bands and artists?

Don't have many, unsurprisingly. :) I really like these guys and buy every album they put out:

The drum production is incredible.

I was a real metalhead when I was young, so I still like Metallica and some other metal and hard rock classics. I really massively dislike contemporary rock and metal though. Also anything electronic. I turned into the cliché of the middle-aged guy who listens to the same 20 rock records in his car and has no clue about navigating social media. Like Johnny Lawrence from Kobra Kai.

This is cool:

Don't have many, unsurprisingly. :) I really like these guys and buy every album they put out:

The drum production is incredible.

I was a real metalhead when I was young, so I still like Metallica and some other metal and hard rock classics. I really massively dislike contemporary rock and metal though. Also anything electronic. I turned into the cliché of the middle-aged guy who listens to the same 20 rock records in his car and has no clue about navigating social media. Like Johnny Lawrence from Kobra Kai.

This is cool:

That Opeth song is cool. I always thought they just did black metal. Obviously I haven't been in the loop with their work. Definitely will check out more from them.

The drums are really great. Made me think of this Jonas Hellborg Group album I have...

Ha! 695 views on youtube! This is very popular.

I agree it is difficult to find new bands in the heavy metal/ hard rock genre that are good. Coheed and Cambria have grown on me. I appreciate the variety in their work. It seems like they are a "love them or hate them" kind of band though. I guess I probably wouldn't call them heavy metal or hard rock... more like some kind of progressive thing. ....kind of funny I'm calling Coheed a newer band... I'm middle aged.

Cobra Kai, Never Dies!

Top Bottom