What's new

MUSIC: What are you listening to ? ?

I remember both this and the debut Deicide album came out the same year. At the time I thought they were the most (Peter Lorre voice) "eeevill" rock music I'd ever heard.

Of course, this was before the second wave of Scandinavian Black Metal ;)

Relapse did re-issue the old death records ? remastered or what ?

edit : oh it's written remaster... sorry, lack of sleep.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it was Relapse, but I have a NICE set of digipak Death albums (all except Symbolic, which I never got into much).

yeah I edited my post after I opened my eyes a bit more.
it seems they did the reissue, I didn't know, I'm out of this for a while, but remains deeply in me.
(damned I love Symbolic !!)

yeah I edited my post after I opened my eyes a bit more.
it seems they did the reissue, I didn't know, I'm out of this for a while, but remains deeply in me.
(damned I love Symbolic !!)

Every Death fan I know really likes that album. I far preferred Sound of Perseverance. Just me.

In any event, Chuck was a bit of a groundbreaking composer in Death metal. Though I think it started with Atheist, Chuck did a lot to pioneer the progressive Death genre (bands like Suffocation did as well, I'm just not sure it was before or after....love Suffo).

Every Death fan I know really likes that album. I far preferred Sound of Perseverance. Just me.

In any event, Chuck was a bit of a groundbreaking composer in Death metal. Though I think it started with Atheist, Chuck did a lot to pioneer the progressive Death genre (bands like Suffocation did as well, I'm just not sure it was before or after....love Suffo).
It's all about Human for me.

It's all about Human for me.

That's a great one...but I loved the first three albums best, especially Spiritual Healing, since it was the bridge between the brutal and the intricate.

If you're into Human, I highly recommend Suffocation's Pierced From Within.

Those guys from Cynic are great. Sean Reinert is an incredible drummer.

That's another very fine band. I remember when all that stuff was going on in the early 90s, and then the Second Wave of Scandinavian Black Metal scene hit and everything was "kult". Great days for metal...I daresay just as good as the classic eras of Sabbath, Manowar, Priest, Maiden (yeah, it was called Metal then and I still call it that today, go figure).

I should also mention how much I love Thrash like Sodom, the Ride the Lightning and MOP albums (exclusively), Evil Dead, Kreator, Assassin, Slayer. Killer stuff and lots of fun. Around that time you had those great Bathory albums, too.

Metal's great music for us initiates. ;) \m/

Oh don't want to forget Nile and Dying Fetus. Guitarist Karl Sanders is a Rozsa fan.

Those guys from Cynic are great. Sean Reinert is an incredible drummer.

Did you guys see that on Amazon Prime there is a documentary about Death? I was shocked. I don't listen to that style of music anymore, the vocals annoy me, but I still dig some of the music.
Also love Individual Thought Patterns! Cynic's Focus album changed my life! My friends in the band Today is the Day did an EP at Morrisound and brought back early Cynic demo's. So good!

Also love Individual Thought Patterns! Cynic's Focus album changed my life! My friends in the band Today is the Day did an EP at Morrisound and brought back early Cynic demo's. So good!

OMG I hadn't thought of Today is the Day since their first album, and I'm pretty positive I first found out about them through the old Relapse catalogue (late 90s I think?). Very cool band.

Geez, you guys are really getting me into the good stuff! Played the classic "Focus" last night, Cynic is just chockful of incredible musicians.

Top Bottom