What's new

MUSIC: What are you listening to ? ?

We've all heard the officially overcooked Zimmer "Blue Planet 2" theme. It's a fine example of how too many cooks spoil the broth.

As an antidote, here's a production promo that features (mostly) just the naked strings. The magic starts at 1:00. IMHO, this is some mighty fine string scoring. Hats off to you, Hans!

Being responsible is no fun.
Yeah.

I like to think of it in terms of opportunity cost. What's 360$ to you? Where else would you likely use it? If you need/want it for more pressing purposes, then save. If you could spare it, and would get enough utility out of what you buy to make it worth it, then go for it!

Always check your budget first though :)

Last edited:
That choir is a big time-sink. With just about anything else I am working on, during a pause I'll kick over and play it through EWC just for the thrill of having that choir at my beck and call. Huge waste of time. You surely cannot afford the distraction and I advise against this purchase.

That piece is quite beautiful, possibly the best use of EWC I've heard so far.

I've noticed an assumption developing in some circles that it is almost effortless to create this sort of work with EWC. But in fact the opposite is true because this genre is off to the side of "normal" composition techniques, and way off to the side of common choral techniques.

You need to simultaneously develop an aesthetic for it while also learning how to use the undeniably "unique" and randomly modulating patches, that's a lot of work. I'm sure this piece took much consideration and testing and a lot of nudging bars-long notes back and forth on the piano roll. I don't think it was easy. If you're not already out toward the edge or choral possibility, EWC will force you go there. When things calm down for me this spring, I plan to spend some time with this instrument, there's something there, IMHO.

I don't listen much to pop/rock these days, but this is just harmonically brilliant. Just getting started with R Stevie Moore, but have already found a bunch of gems.

Top Bottom