What's new

Motu's dp11 is out!

Garlu

DP version 11 delivers exciting new features like Nanosampler 2.0, Retrospective Audio Record, Articulation Maps and MPE Support, plus dozens of workflow enhancements requested by DP users.

Excited..!!!

Expression maps...!!! Count me in...!!!

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 18.58.46.png

"DP11 is fully qualified for macOS Big Sur (11.x)
and the latest generation Apple silicon Macs. No
Rosetta required. Optimized for native multi-core
performance, DP’s audio engine prioritizes audio
threads on high-speed cores and reserves CPU
bandwidth for critical, time-sensitive processing."

Native support for Apple silicon Macs is a big with for DP11

I started another thread praising MOTU for their great customer service,that’s often overlooked………
I’m not someone who rushes to upgrade software when it’s 1st released,I usually wait a bit.
Case in point I upgraded to DP10 on Wednesday and MOTU just released DP11 today! lol
So I called MOTU and the always friendly and helpful customer service representative Tina @MOTU informed me that anyone who upgraded to DP1O since March gets a free DP11 upgrade!
So a thanks to everyone @MOTU & the lovely Tina 😘 (who I’ve already proposed marriage 😱) for automatically doing the right thing for customers.

*edit* about 45 minutes later, my DP11 upgrade is already available!
As always I will wait for at least a couple of updates before moving to DP11,hopefully it will be at least a few weeks before DP12 drops,lol 😂

👍

Last edited:
Does articulation selection work with VEP? Or do the libraries need to be hosted in DP to use the articulations feature?

Been playing around with it since I saw the email.

The responsiveness of the GUI is FANTASTIC compared to 10. Its very very fast. Loading VIs is very fast.

The articulation system is extremely well done and straight forward. Looking good so far!

hey @pinki I think you are going to like this one! Hopefully they fixed the freeze issue when assigning notes to "playback only" status?

Been playing around with it since I saw the email.

The responsiveness of the GUI is FANTASTIC compared to 10. Its very very fast. Loading VIs is very fast.

The articulation system is extremely well done and straight forward. Looking good so far!
Win or Mac?

Still on 9 for that reason that 10 was not really that interesting. But this looks promising.

Some of my questions I have about the new articulation mapper:
  1. Can you have chords with different articulations assigned to different notes of the chord? The articulation lanes appear to look similar as Cubase direction type expression maps. Other places in the manual it says its possible to select specific notes and assign articulations to them. So I'd like some clarity on that...what happens when you use the articulation lanes to program articulations...what happens when you select notes and do it?

2. Can you assign more than one articulation to a note at a time?

3. Is DP being solid with regards to making sure keyswitches always play before the notes they are intended to articulate?

4. When re-channelizing notes on a per articulation basis...will other expression data from the track such as CC, Pitchbend and Aftertouch also be channelized properly along with the notes?

5. Is articulation tagging shown in the event list or any other place like that?

6. have any of the built in midi plugins been updated related to articulation management?

7. sadly we see nothing related to articulation latency adjustment that everyone has to deal with in some libraries...so I am wondering what could be done in that regard somehow, but probably nothing. I wish they would have thought of that, they would have leap frogged everyone else in articulation management if so. Maybe next time....

8. Is the articulation Map saved in a file format that can be edited, imported, keeping saved outside of the DP project in some way?

hey @pinki I think you are going to like this one! Hopefully they fixed the freeze issue when assigning notes to "playback only" status?
Hey there Toecutter!

Do you know, I'm actually feeling a mixture of sadness and anger.

I've waited twenty years for them to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to Quickscribe. It's sat there for 20 years, bug-ridden and utterly abandoned.

And now, and now,... because lets face it... Studio One....now, they get off their fat lazy arses and DO SOMETHING.
Sorry, but man it's too little too late. My heart already is broken. (like DP 10)
And make no mistake, there will be no updates for at least a year once they've pushed this one limping out of the door.

I started another thread praising MOTU for their great customer service,that’s often overlooked………
I’m not someone who rushes to upgrade software when it’s 1st released,I usually wait a bit.
Case in point I upgraded to DP10 on Wednesday and MOTU just released DP11 today! lol
So I called MOTU and the always friendly and helpful customer service representative Tina @MOTU informed me that anyone who upgraded to DP1O since March gets a free DP11 upgrade!
So a thanks to everyone @MOTU & the lovely Tina 😘 (who I’ve already proposed marriage 😱) for automatically doing the right thing for customers.

*edit* about 45 minutes later, my DP11 upgrade is already available!
As always I will wait for at least a couple of updates before moving to DP11,hopefully it will be at least a few weeks before DP12 drops,lol 😂

👍
Yeh great customer service that don't fix bugs but release a new version instead. Good luck.

I was an ardent DP user for the better part of 10 years. Scored all my media projects with it and it was fantastic. Trying out the new DP11 demo (there is a demo option once you boot up for the first time after downloading), It's not widely advertised which is odd.

Top Bottom