Most realistic budget reverb?

SBK

Hi, I was wondering which you think is the most realistic reverb gear outthere? I am in search of a high quality reverb, something much better than plugins, but the videos and demos online are not the best, I would rather test it on my own with my own material but that's not possible obviously.

Which one you think is the most realistic reverb outhere? Is there something in the range of 500-1000 $ better than plugins?

Thanks!

Last edited:

vitocorleone123

Um. There are several plugins as good as, if not better, than all but maybe the M7 or a classic Lex. And even that is debatable, as has been seen on this forum.

You'd likely be better off buying a couple of the top plugins after trying them out than buying some uber hardware box that promises the best reverb.

For example, the $50 Valhalla Room scores quite well against the $4k+ Bricasti M7. It’s even preferred by some in blind testing.

just decide on convolution vs algorithmic- or try both.

jcrosby

Hi, I was wondering which you think is the most realistic reverb gear outthere? I am in search of a high quality reverb, something much better than plugins, but the videos and demos online are not the best, I would rather test it on my own with my own material but that's not possible obviously.

Which one you think is the most realistic reverb outhere? Is there something in the range of 500-1000 $ better than plugins?

Thanks!
As the person above posted. You're going to get WAY more milage out of a plugin, and the quality will be much better unless your looking to splurge for a high pricetag item. (And ((as also said)) that's debatable. Unless you were looking for a very specific character; like say the character old, lower quality converter, you're money is better spent in software.) Basically unless your goal is specifically to track stuff with a printed reverb save your money and buy a few really solid reverb plugins. You'll get a lot more mileage.

Last edited: