What's new

Most Disappointing Library Purchase?

I must invoke Merriam-Webster ;)

Collection

a: something collected especially an accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby
- a collection of poems
- a collection of photographs
- a baseball card collection

b: GROUP, AGGREGATE

A single thing is not a collection. And even though a VI may have multiple WAV files, it is one instrument and generally considered a singular thing, so IMO calling it a library doesn't make sense.

But then again I never thought calling headphones "cans" made sense either, so I guess it's another one I'll just throw up my arms and move on lol

My last sidetrack on this, honest. Though anyone wishing to beat this to death further is welcome to start up a thread :)

I must invoke Merriam-Webster ;)

Collection

a: something collected especially an accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby
- a collection of poems
- a collection of photographs
- a baseball card collection

b: GROUP, AGGREGATE

A single thing is not a collection. And even though a VI may have multiple WAV files, it is one instrument and generally considered a singular thing, so IMO calling it a library doesn't make sense.

But then again I never thought calling headphones "cans" made sense either, so I guess it's another one I'll just throw up my arms and move on lol

My last sidetrack on this, honest. Though anyone wishing to beat this to death further is welcome to start up a thread :)
What about trousers? What is one trouser supposed to be?

What about trousers? What is one trouser supposed to be?
Technically, a "trouser" is "a piece of clothing covering the body from the waist to the feet, divided into separate parts for each leg and worn by both men and women."

So they're the same as "pants", which is short for "pantaloons".

And to answer your next question, in Ye Olden Days, "pants" were made in separate parts, one for each leg. So there really is a singular "pant".

And yes, the "Y" in "Ye" really is a substitute for the character eth, and is actually pronounced the same as "thee".

You're welcome. :laugh:

Technically, a "trouser" is "a piece of clothing covering the body from the waist to the feet, divided into separate parts for each leg and worn by both men and women."

So they're the same as "pants", which is short for "pantaloons".

And to answer your next question, in Ye Olden Days, "pants" were made in separate parts, one for each leg. So there really is a singular "pant".

And yes, the "Y" in "Ye" really is a substitute for the character eth, and is actually pronounced the same as "thee".

You're welcome. :laugh:

I've always found it strange that culturally, men gravitated toward pants and women went for skirts. Given, uhm, human anatomy. Let's make kilts happen!

I've always found it strange that culturally, men gravitated toward pants and women went for skirts. Given, uhm, human anatomy. Let's make kilts happen!
Skirts are generally harder to run in. Men were the hunter/gatherers/fighters, so the extra fabric would get in the way. Also, codpieces were used to protect certain parts of the anatomy. They worked better with pantaloons and were why the pant was initially a singular part. Plus, no zippers, so easier to tie on one leg at a time. :)

I think women wore dresses because at one time, they were easier to make and you didn't have this hanging part that needed extra protection. But this is way off topic....

Per the HEY! Shouts description: This VST3 plugin delivers you a set of realistic sounding “HEY” shouts.
"Shouts" being plural, I thought I was getting a library. Hence my disappointment in only getting a single.

Per the HEY! Shouts description: This VST3 plugin delivers you a set of realistic sounding “HEY” shouts.
"Shouts" being plural, I thought I was getting a library. Hence my disappointment in only getting a single.
According to the product listing on KVR:

This VST3 plugin delivers you a set of 106 realistic sounding "HEY" shouts – nothing more, nothing less.

So there should be 106 wav files, unless the are oddly all in the same wav file.

This just gets sillier:

- Isn't "realistic Hey shouts" redundant? How would you make one unrealistic? By shouting "HOY?"
- Why would you bother making this VST3 vs 2? To be "cutting edge" with Hey shouts? Yeah corner that market
- How many ways can you shout "HEY?" 106? Really?

The YouTube ad for it does sound like more than one Hey.

Top Bottom