What's new

Most Disappointing Library Purchase?

Did you just buy it?
No I’ve had it and but never used it because it sounds so amateur and has limited content compared to other sound design/hybrid type libraries. I know it’s on sale now but it really is the most disappointed I’ve been in a library, along with other 8dio stuff. Such a hit or miss company

tbh, all vi companies today are hit and miss... even the old great ones like VSL and EastWest.
Yeah, I still believe this company is the worst offender. Either big hits like The Epic Drums series, or Century Strings and Brass, some of the best and most detailed samples I've heard, or on the other hand you get INSANELY overpriced crap like the hybrid tools and Silka choir (literally just extra articulations by the same choir recorded in Insolidus, and charging 600 for what is a half baked "expansion"...) . Never been so baffled and frustrated with a company as I am with some of their products.

Every VSL library I have ONLY if the eLicenser dies. It shouldn't since it stays in a hub and never moves. I only have Special Additions vol1,2 of each section. There's not a whole lot of money involved but enough.

Just buy an elicenser every 2 years and keep the invoice. Beats VSL's ridiculous insurance and elicensers are pretty cheap.

For me it was Friedlander Violin from Embertone - just didn't do it for me: very artificial and liveless sound, unnatural tremolo. Whenever I want to use solo violin and try Friedlander, it is a big disappointment soundwise. I have to admit it seems to be hard to sample a solo violin and bring it to live.

For me it was Friedlander Violin from Embertone - just didn't do it for me: very artificial and liveless sound, unnatural tremolo. Whenever I want to use solo violin and try Friedlander, it is a big disappointment soundwise. I have to admit it seems to be hard to sample a solo violin and bring it to live.
Feel the same for sure... I should let you know though that the Embertone Joshua Bell Violin is unbelievable though.. completely different.

Feel the same for sure... I should let you know though that the Embertone Joshua Bell Violin is unbelievable though.. completely different.

That sounds interesting - is it kind of classical-concerto sounding or more timeless-cinematic?

No I’ve had it and but never used it because it sounds so amateur and has limited content compared to other sound design/hybrid type libraries. I know it’s on sale now but it really is the most disappointed I’ve been in a library, along with other 8dio stuff. Such a hit or miss company

EVERY sample company has “hit or miss” products to someone.

Top Bottom