What's new

Most Disappointing Library Purchase?

MaxOctane

One of my most disappointing (well, dumbest) purchases, which was no fault of the library itself: Spitfire had a holiday sale on their original Evo Grids 1-4. I still don't know what the hell I was smoking, but I thought "Eh, I'll probably want these someday, may as well grab them on sale!"

So I just dropped $800 on those 4 Evos and Harp Swarm without hardly watching any walkthroughs... and I don't think I've spent more than 5 minutes with any of them. 🤦

Jdiggity1

One of my most disappointing (well, dumbest) purchases, which was no fault of the library itself: Spitfire had a holiday sale on their original Evo Grids 1-4. I still don't know what the hell I was smoking, but I thought "Eh, I'll probably want these someday, may as well grab them on sale!"

So I just dropped $800 on those 4 Evos and Harp Swarm without hardly watching any walkthroughs... and I don't think I've spent more than 5 minutes with any of them. 🤦
I would say most of my disappointment is also self-inflicted, like your example.
Probably 50% of my purchases end with me receiving the "Thank you for your purchase!" email, followed swiftly by a heavy sense of doubt over what I've just done.

Casiquire

I would say most of my disappointment is also self-inflicted, like your example.
Probably 50% of my purchases end with me receiving the "Thank you for your purchase!" email, followed swiftly by a heavy sense of doubt over what I've just done.
I only had that once with MSS. Considered, for a moment, seeing if i could return it before downloading, too. Boy am i glad i didn't!

Futchibon

A spaced oddity
Spitfire Audio's The Grange is still the worst library I've ever bought. Not only does it play clunky as hell in Kontakt, but the fact that every crash cymbal has a kick drum baked into it because of their flimsy excuse that the drummer told them "I don't ever hit a cymbal without hitting a kick drum with it" and they accepted it/defended it, still blows my mind as the dumbest sample set decision I can think of.
That would be Roger :) Thanks for the feedback, I've had it on my wishlist for a while now, although prefer playing EZD2 on edrums than finger drumming, but Queen is one of my favourite bands and RHCP are great too, if a little hit and miss.

Does it sound like Chad and Roger's 'sound' though? Still interested if it goes crazy low during BF.

Futchibon

A spaced oddity
giphy.webp
Hey, don't diss me, I've seen the way you dance :emoji_wink:

dance-off-moves.gif

Top Bottom