What's new

Most Disappointing Library Purchase?

haha, so apparently I don't know Morse code. 5 dots actually just means 5. Go figure. I read 5 dots as 5 dashes. I wouldn't survive if I were stranded on a desert island.

I tend to find something useful in every library I purchase, even if it's just one patch. If I'm able to use a library in some fashion for a project successfully, then I personally can't really label it as a disappointment. That being said, I have had my expectations over-inflated before on certain libraries, usually as a result of flashy marketing/promises which ended up making them *feel* like disappointments ::ahem::

If I were to label one library purchase of mine as a true disappointment, I'd have to go with Hollywood Woodwinds. I added it to my Complete Composers Collection 2 selection way back in the day and simply never found a use for it. Not once. I actually removed it from my hard drive altogether recently as a result (which I never do).

I've been much more cautious over the last few years since then when it comes to purchasing libraries. As a result, I haven't really had any true disappointments since then.

Sampletank 2 XL... Horrible sounding garbage... I paid the full $399 or $499 or whatever it was back in the day too.

I tried getting along with it for 7 years. Then I eventually tossed it in the bin.

Last edited:
Albion One.
No, don't get me wrong, it's a great library and I bought it in black friday sale, however, as I own Ark 1 and 2 now as well, I use it much less. Also I'm not that much into hybrid stuff yet, which Albion offers a lot. Lastly, I overall prefer libraries that arent section based. Ark and Albion do just that in their Strings, which is why when it comes to strings I prefer CSS and CSSS.

Its been a long year.

-DJ

It’s funny how associations go. There’s this burger chain up in Canada called Five Guys, and they make an ok burger but cram the brown bag full of fries, it’s their trademark. So when I saw your five dots (.....) guess what I thought of , lol

yes it’s been a long @#$king year,

cheers mates

It’s funny how associations go. There’s this burger chain up in Canada called Five Guys, and they make an ok burger but cram the brown bag full of fries, it’s their trademark. So when I saw your five dots (.....) guess what I thought of , lol

cheers mates
Love Five Guys! We have 'm here in West Michigan, too.

cheers mates

I always thought they were called Five Guys because it took 5 guys to pay for a meal. My brother paid $13 for a cheese burger and fries.

I always thought they were called Five Guys because it took 5 guys to pay for a meal. My brother paid $13 for a cheese burger and fries.
hahaha, yeah. Steak and Shake is nearby and much cheaper, so we do usually go for that instead. There was a little snippet of my life where I made decent money and we could afford it. Those days are gone...for now.
BK Whopper, no question.

Also five guys is way overhyped and overpriced. It doesn't help that I'm not big on fries either.
ah, I love that flame-broiled flavor.

Top Bottom