1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Disappointing Library Purchase?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by tsk, Feb 9, 2018.

1. lucianogiacomozzi

lucianogiacomozzi Senior Member

May 26, 2013
    London
    I have Shreddage 1 also, I agree, there's a lack of documentation but it sounds alright in a mix with the right amps and some time to tweak and get used to everything.

2. MarcusD

MarcusD Senior Member

Jul 25, 2015
    England
    I just wasn't blown away with the legato patches, just something about the sound of them didn't feel quite right to me. But that's my personal taste, it's no disrespect to the library. It has some great sounding patches that are very usable. I was just hoping it'd be my main go-to choir library, but instead I use it for layering textures.

Alex Niedt likes this.
  3. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I have Shreddage II, and (this might be outrageously unpopular) I like Guitar Rig better, especially with the IRs I can run through Reflektor. Shreddage II has a nasty habit of playing double stops at times even on "mono" mode. Support was good for the product, but I never completely worked that bug out.

To be honest, if I could sell Shreddage I'd drop it in a heartbeat.

4. Alex Niedt

Alex Niedt Active Member

Jun 4, 2018
    I think it's a useful library, but you may find yourself tinkering under the hood to fix some stuff.

5. Sam75016

Sam75016 New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Even if i was happy with some Realitone products i had previously purchased , i was very disappointed with their Realivox Ladies V2. The demo was ok so i bought it but once i tried it in real situation it didn t encourage me to reopen it.

6. Motr3b

Motr3b Member

Jun 14, 2018
    @Alex Niedt @Parsifal666 @MarcusD
    well i cant argue with you, i mainly like the choral effects, shorts and latin phrases it has.
    i still like it but i'm not desperately in love with it,MA 1 has a richer choir sound.
    but isn't that sort of most 8dio's plugins feature? i have their new taiko ensemble(like it) and it has its own problems.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  7. SimonCharlesHanna

SimonCharlesHanna Senior Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Alright I am doing it

Sound Iron Olympus choir.

Lack of dynamic layers, the hall is just full bodied in a bad way, bloated and confusing.

Never made it into a track of mine

8. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    Really? Works fine here. Especially in 'real situations' :)

9. tim727

tim727 Senior Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Easily Fluffy Audio's Rinascimento. Honestly the only time I've ever purchased a library and then deeply regretted it right away. I appreciate what Paolo and his team tried to do with it, but the quality is such a far cry from Tarilonte's stuff that I just can't bring myself to use it.

10. Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Hmmm, that's a shame. I was interested in Rinascimento. The demos sounded quite nice to me. I have Era Medeival Legends 2. So you're saying I shouldn't bother?

11. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Strange, I've only heard good stuff about it.

12. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Is there a new version of Guitar Rig that I missed, that has guitar samples? I thought it was just amp sims and effects. And while Shreddage II does have some ampsim and fx kind of stuff, I always thought I'm supposed to use this in combination with a proper amp sim like Guitar Rig, so I don't quite understand your comparison between the two.

My biggest regret purchases are those that end up later being included in NI Komplete, like the Damage standalone box that I bought. In this way I hope the NI Symphony Series doesn't end up in Komplete one day, because it's among my more expensive libraries.