1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Disappointing Library Purchase?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by tsk, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    This is the significant bit - what they're saying is you can't post the samples raw or in an already copyrighted track. You are allowed to use them in your own original production tracks.

2. GtrString

GtrString Senior Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Denmark
    Yeah that would be standard practice, but what are you making of the last part of the sentence “... in any music library or sample library product”?

3. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    I've read the whole EULA and it says you can use the samples in your own copyrighted work and sell those works. They have a standard protection clause for preventing the re-selling of their raw samples or for their use in a copyright infringing track.

4. star.keys

star.keys Senior Member

May 7, 2012
    LASS, EW Symphonic Orchestra, Spitfire Albion One, 8Dio 1928 Piano

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  5. Leo

Leo Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    My ugly and disappointing library which I have never used:
    East West - Ghostwriter, SD3
    Cinesamples: Tina Guo Cello (full lib.)
    Impact soundworks: Jugernaut
    Spitfire audio: Artisan cello

6. axb312

axb312 Senior Member

Jun 26, 2016
    :(. Still waiting. 8DIO sale on right now I think.

7. 98bpm

98bpm Member

Sep 10, 2017
    USA
    I would have to say, mine would be:
    1. Xsample Alto Sax.... the demos were awesome, but listening to it on its own exposed a lot of baked in room acoustics and there's phasing issues when crossfading non-vibrato to vibrato. Had high hopes for that one.:sad:

2. Precision Sounds Retro Gadgets Bundle.... Some of the worst editing EVER!
    3. Wavesfactory Suspended Cymbals.... Cool concept, but the background noise makes it completely unusable. Still like the cymbal FX samples, but other than that - dud.
    4. UVI Ultra Mini, UVS 3200, Drumulation and Emulation II.... These are actually pretty good, but I hated that you need UVI Workstation that doesn't allow you to save preset changes without so much footwork. First time dealing with them, so live and learn to deal with it.
    5. Lastly actually goes back to 2015 when I bought Vocalizer Pro from Sonivox. Sure, it's an audio effect plugin, but since it has a built-in synth, I think it qualifies. That experience with Sonivox was sooooo bad, they should get out of the business!:mad:

8. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    i do too, i think it is excellent (Intimate Textures) - especially with the 10% off.

perfect layering tool.

bc3po likes this.
  9. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Spitfire Andy Findons Kitbag 2 library. five woodwinds; all missing a big chuck of the range! A technique Spitfire seems to get away with (probably to save some of the cost) by sampling only part of the complete range of the instrument. The Bansuri specially seems like a joke of a sample; sounds nothing like a bansuri.

axb312 likes this.
  10. oliverd

oliverd Active Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Anything Sonivox or Air Music Tech is just absolutely woeful. They have some OK synths but dear god their customer service is terrible/non-existent!

Saxer and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  11. Vovique

Vovique Senior Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Actually it does say so:
    "PLEASE NOTE: The samples may not be included, whether unmodified or as part of a derivative work, in any music library or sample library product."
    But Big Fish stated here on VIC that they removed the "music library" restriction out of the EULA for all their products, though it would take long to update every individual product page because of the vast number of products.

GtrString likes this.
  12. asinclaire

asinclaire Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Spitfire and inconsistency; name a more iconic duo.

13. Hans Josef

Hans Josef Senior Member

Jun 4, 2007
    I think you mean the two dimensional preset with xfade from vibrato to senza vibrato. This can't be perfectly done. So we think to remove these special presets. If you want, you can get a refund.

14. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    If I could trade my Fluffy Audio Trio Broz Solo Strings for Fluffy's Solo Winds, I would. Never connected well with the strings and have since replaced them with others I like better. But the WWs get rave reviews and the demos sound really warm and expressive.

15. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    How do you like the tone of Cinewinds vs. Berlin? Especially for a cinematic Disney style sound?

16. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    Not that much comes to mind. Almost all these libraries come with glaring flaws, but that's something one puts up with because there's a lot to like about them as well. But I guess I would have to name Spitfire Albion ONE. It's nothing like the Legacy Albion (meaning: warm, lively, charming, beautiful) and sounds really overprocessed, synthy and, with the exception of a few patches, just not very good.

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  17. DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow Senior Member

Bit of a old post but... anybody cares to tell me what tons there are to learn about Hollywood Strings? I keep hearing that...
    I'm playing they keys, heavily ride the modwheel (ahem...) and... that's it. I'm still happy with it all around and don't hear a ton of stuff others do with it that I wouldn't know how to do as well. Well, by playing and going nuts on the modwheel. :P
    Also gonna have a look at the manual now (never touched it) - maybe there are indeed some magical functions that... maybe transform me into the cat of some top-model or so... :whistling: (please!)

18. 98bpm

98bpm Member

Sep 10, 2017
    USA
    That's very generous, but I have no idea how hard it must be to put all that together and I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into it. So, even though I may not be able to use it like I wanted, I think I still may have a place for it here and there so no refund needed. Thanks for the offer. Very kind of you.

19. Hans Josef

Hans Josef Senior Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Thank you. My first impression was that you are very disappointed with the instrument.

20. gregh

gregh Senior Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Production Grand LE- I dont really like the sound that much and have no use for it at all. I am sure it is a very good library for some people but not for me. And cant be sold :(