What's new

More Efficient Way To Edit Logic Articulation Sets?

I've been making art sets for the entire OT Berlin series instruments. Occasionally I will make a typo & skip an articulation in the order I would like it to be in. This creates a major headache when realizing an articulation I forgot to include is now 45 previous entries past the one I'm currently on. Is there a way I can shift all previous entries down with a simple click drag? Or is Logic that illogical in that I now have to delete everything & start over??

No there isn’t. You can edit the xml directly to do it. I have a shell script I am working on to do things like that I will try to share it later

No there isn’t. You can edit the xml directly to do it. I have a shell script I am working on to do things like that I will try to share it later
Youre all over my newbie posts dude. Thank you for the reply. Hard to believe they left out basic selection/editing features within the articulation set creator. Almost like they half baked it.... Looking forward to possibly seeing a helper tool from you!!

Here is a shell script I am working on. Its still half baked, but the ADD function works.

https://github.com/steveschow/artset

Last edited:
As suggested earlier, you can also edit the plist file directly, its XML. And you can try to use the PlistBuddy OSX command to add a row pretty easily also. My script is calling PlistBuddy to do what it does.

There’s also Babylon Waves articilation sets for lazy sods like meself
Yeah, just get these. Your time is far more valuable.

I’ve been using them as jump off points to create my own. Saves so much agro as let’s face it, the articulation editor is a miserable place to be.

Thank you very much!! Going to test it out this evening.

The script has other commands besides add. You can type artset help to see what is currently available. Mainly, add, remove, move and print, for now.

let me know what you would find useful and I'll think about adding it.

Eventually I will add some support to autogenerate keyswitches sequentially and things like that. It would not be hard to have a mode that can automatically add some standard set of input switches either. Anyway, lemme know how it goes for you and if there is anything you wish it could do to make your life easier.

One nice thing about using this command line tool is that you can write your own batch script above that to automate the creation of articulationSets pretty easily.

Some plans I have for it, when I get time to work on it:

• something to automatically renumber a range of rows with articulationID's
  • something to sort the rows by articulationID, or perhaps other means
  • Stuff related to input and output switches
  • something that can generate a Scripter script on the fly to handle keyswitches instead of the output section

The script has other commands besides add. You can type artset help to see what is currently available. Mainly, add, remove, move and print, for now.

let me know what you would find useful and I'll think about adding it.

Eventually I will add some support to autogenerate keyswitches sequentially and things like that. It would not be hard to have a mode that can automatically add some standard set of input switches either. Anyway, lemme know how it goes for you and if there is anything you wish it could do to make your life easier.

One nice thing about using this command line tool is that you can write your own batch script above that to automate the creation of articulationSets pretty easily.

Some plans I have for it, when I get time to work on it:

• something to automatically renumber a range of rows with articulationID's
  • something to sort the rows by articulationID, or perhaps other means
  • Stuff related to input and output switches
  • something that can generate a Scripter script on the fly to handle keyswitches instead of the output section
Props to your good self, DM, for the continuing free tech support you give the forum. 👍

Almost like they half baked it.... Looking forward to possibly seeing a helper tool from you!!

It is half-baked. Patience. They'll get round to cleaning it up eventually. I'd rather have it in its present relatively stable state than not at all. I use Babylon Waves and tweak from there.

Top Bottom