Moment Of Music (CSS)

maro

Dear all.

First of all I would like to say hello from Zagreb. This is my first thread here and first composition.

I'd like to share with you a composition of mine originally written for a string quartet but I recently added a double bass. Made with an excellent new library Cinematic Studio Strings, mostly with a legato articulation and some of marcato moments in the middle of composition.

[soundcloud url="" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Thanks for listening.

BR

Maro

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Sounds wonderful - a great first thread and great first composition posted! CSS is sounding fantastic here. More please. :)

byzantium

Great stuff, and CSS sounds great here, really realistic, to me. Can I ask how did you do those few Hermann-like 'slides' at around 01:41 and just after ?

OP
maro

maro

Great stuff, and CSS sounds great here, really realistic, to me. Can I ask how did you do those few Hermann-like 'slides' at around 01:41 and just after ?
Thanks byzantium. Those slides made with marcato articulation without spiccato overlay. I didn't do anything special. Just play two next legato notes in all 5 sections and CSS did the rest. Hope it's explained well. :)

byzantium

Thanks maro. I was hoping it was a legato slide rather than anything to do with sliding pitch (although CSS doesn't seem to respond to pitch I just discovered). There doesn't seem to be a way to select the speed of the legato transition on the CSS marcatos (which you can do with the sustains using key velocity) but it sounds great!