What's new

Modulated AHDSR release value possible to print on screen?

KrisY

Noob in frenzy loop
Is the modulated Envelope AHDSR release value possible to print on screen in a label or in the message()? I know I can get the value of the set knob of the envelope´s "release" knob. But as I start to modulate that one with a midi CC value I get difficult numbers as the output release setting, as it is not a linear knob, well, the output is not linear, it has a "C" slope. It makes it difficult to adjust values with any precision.

Is there a way to get the millisecond/any-second value of the output?

.. Instead of the value of the current knob setting, as below (which is working ok):

The manual gave this:

Code:
add_text_line($label, "engine-par release: " & get_engine_par_disp($ENGINE_PAR_RELEASE,58,0,find_target(58,0,"ENV_AHDSR")))
Any help is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

P.N.

Hi.
I'm not sure i'm following.
If you're using a CC, (except the pitchwheel), you must multiply it by 7874 if you're actively scripting CCs. Not when you just assign CCs to a specific control via Kontakt's "learn CC" feature.
(because those CC ranges are 0-127, and engine parameters range 0-1000000).

get_engine_par_disp is the way to get precise engine parameter readings, yes.
If you need to add unit to the reading, assuming you're not using a ui_knob, you need to add < & " ms" > to your text output.

OP
K

KrisY

Noob in frenzy loop
You cannot get the modulated value via KSP.
Ok, as I suspected, or it would have been in the manual :/.

Hi.
I'm not sure i'm following.
If you're using a CC, (except the pitchwheel), you must multiply it by 7874 if you're actively scripting CCs. ...
(because those CC ranges are 0-127, and engine parameters range 0-1000000).
Thanks for that info, the re-calc. But my issue was with the output of the entire modulation (per event), to be able to see the result of the specific event´s modulation in it´s actual output value. So if we modulate with a CC on the "mod" of the ENV and set it to trigger the release part of the AHDSR, we get different values as a result of that. The actual result was what I was thinking of. I know that the display alternatives (hz, db, percent etc) can be added, but the actual result of the modulation in it´s output value was my wish to retrieve.

But as EvilDragon says now and as I suspected, that cannot be retrieved for unique events. Just for the current selected (by ui control or by kontakt control) and not for the played or generated event´s results. Too bad, that seems like a necessary debugging feature of such a complicated software.

OP
K

KrisY

Noob in frenzy loop
You cannot get the modulated value via KSP.
Thanks, so the work is in finding the precise values of the modulation. Is there anyone who made a list of values and what they mean in this specific type of controller, that has a logarithmic behaviour? It goes from 0-220ms in 0-50% of the knob, then from 221-25000ms in the next half, without more info or more knowledge in math, I´m lost. :thumbsdown:

EDIT/UPDATE: perhaps the solution is just an exponential equivalent of the logarithmic behaviour. And lots of trial n error...

- Of course, the best way to check the value seems to be setting the controller to manipulate the actual Release in the AHDSR ENV and get the actual values that way, to manipulate the knob, then just transfer the modulation values to the modulator in question.

Last edited:
Top Bottom