What's new

Modern (?) lullaby for godson

Writing a lullaby for your godson! What a beautiful gesture! Listening to your piece my 6 and a half years old son came and asked me if this piece was mine. I told him no and that it's written by another composer who post it on the internet for other composers to tell him what they think about it. My son then said "Well, then, tell him that it's very beautiful music". So there you have it! Approval from children and what's more a spontaneous one. And that chord in 1.51!! (Actually that was me who enjoyed it!)

Wow, thanks a lot Kas! Really. What a touching post! Say 'Hi, and thank you' to your son from me. And the same goes for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kas
You use emotional cello? :P yes some parts are touching, especially with the strings. you could make the part at 0:45 more dynamic in order to contrast and increase the rythm of your track. But if you did this with your heart and you love your godson, surely it will sound that you have something to give to the auditory.

Reactions: muk
Hi everyone,

it's been a while, and I'd love to have some feedback on this one. I wrote it as a lullaby for my godson, and it should be part of a gift for baptism. There is still a bit of time for revisions - any help to improve it is much appreciated:

https://app.box.com/s/5dzh3rw2t322xg0upcw3inrvo1bl0skh

Hej Muk,

Very nice and emotional piece without sounding smaltzy which I find very well done. My respect.
I enjoyed it a lot.

Thank you @Svyato. Well spotted, it's Emotional Cello. I have Cinematic Studio Solo Strings and VSL Solo Strings as well, but for this track I liked Emotional Cello the best. Good idea about 0:45, I will play around with that.

Thanks a lot @AlexanderSchiborr. I am really glad you like it as I have utmost respect of your compositional and production skills. The music you share here is always amazing. And I am glad you didn't think that it is schmaltzy - it can happen easily with that kind of music, so it's not easy to find the right balance.

Thank you @Svyato. Well spotted, it's Emotional Cello. I have Cinematic Studio Solo Strings and VSL Solo Strings as well, but for this track I liked Emotional Cello the best. Good idea about 0:45, I will play around with that.

Thanks a lot @AlexanderSchiborr. I am really glad you like it as I have utmost respect of your compositional and production skills. The music you share here is always amazing. And I am glad you didn't think that it is schmaltzy - it can happen easily with that kind of music, so it's not easy to find the right balance.

Yes, cool, thanks so much... And let me tell you: There is a fine line that this can happen as I know how hard that is and I experienced that for myself, and you mastered that so well, and that is not because that I want to kiss ass, no that is pure honest opinion like always when I write. I think that track is so well done with the fine line to evoke emotions but honest emotions without using overused clichée bullshit chord progressions. Could be honestly for myself a study your track in order to better myself in that regards. Chapeau...I could nitpick here but before I do I shut my mouth and enjoy the track. You know I am learning. The Cello is super btw and the piano...niice!

Thanks again @AlexanderSchiborr! Amazing that you should think that you can learn something from that track. I've certainly learned a lot from yours.
The Emotional Cello is frankly the best virtual cello I have, and for a lot of things it's great. And the piano, well, I spent a lot of time tweaking the sound until I was happy with it. Glad you like it.

Top Bottom