What's new

Mixing with Saturation ? Plugins ? Theory ?

vitocorleone123

Trialing TAIP now. Have Little Radiator and Black Box Design HG-2. Need to follow here while doing some careful testing.
It’s a different sound than those, tape vs tube. Not sure which you’ll like better - but I’m curious, so let us know!

It also has enough additional controls, more akin to HG2MS (no m/s on TAIP) to help with mixing in a more subtle and/or targeted way.

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
It’s a different sound than those, tape vs tube. Not sure which you’ll like better - but I’m curious, so let us know!

It also has enough additional controls, more akin to HG2MS (no m/s on TAIP) to help with mixing in a more subtle and/or targeted way.
THX for xtra TAIP info !
Dynamic market deals these days .... PA just added $20. Code bringing HG-2 MS down to $50. Earlier User posts seem to endorse improvements highly.

vitocorleone123

THX for xtra TAIP info !
Dynamic market deals these days .... PA just added $20. Code bringing HG-2 MS down to $50. Earlier User posts seem to endorse improvements highly.
HG2MS for ~$30 is good. $50 is OK if it really excites you and works great with your material. It can add some body and sparkle (so can Kush 458A... more sparkle, less control). For the music I make, I'll likely use TAIP more than my HG2MS.

I have too many plugins, but find it hard to part with several because of the "but I might need it that one time" syndrome :grin:

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
HG2MS for ~$30 is good. $50 is OK if it really excites you and works great with your material. It can add some body and sparkle (so can Kush 458A... more sparkle, less control). For the music I make, I'll likely use TAIP more than my HG2MS.

I have too many plugins, but find it hard to part with several because of the "but I might need it that one time" syndrome :grin:
Really helps ! HG-2 has seemed ok, especially at promo cost. Omega TWK same.
TAIP now top of list, and never would have paid attention until your helpful info.
Much more enjoyment testing, learning, these days __ plus keyboard play, with VI backing.

Regards

Russell Anderson

I am really liking SDRR, Digi and Desk modes especially. Or Fuzz and Desk, I forget... Whichever has the “Gated—Smooth” knob on the left.

Honestly, workflow and emphasis EQ seem to be the two big things for me, and then I’m happy with a few saturation plugins.

- SDRR and the Kush Omegas for a great sounding saturation of a few flavors
- Phil’s for a bit of fairly transparent tone shaping and bringing a sound very forward
- Two I don’t own, Saturn and Spectre, are two I appreciate for their control and stereo manipulation (especially envelope-following Drive and M/S in Saturn) and I’ll probably get one or both at some point.

- Tupe is one I probably won’t buy, but it sounds excellent and the built-in emphasis EQ is excellent for workflow.
- HG-2MS is one I thought I would love, and I do enjoy it, but for the workflow I just don’t have a practice of bringing it up as often as the other simpler plugins or the more complex ones... It sits at an in-between for me where I just don’t feel I’ll probably use it.
- For the rest, free plugins, Waveshaping and emphasis/de-emphasis EQ can take you to the ends of the universe, and that may be the way to go if you want to go exploring places you can go with saturation.

If anyone wants to buy HG-2MS, well.... wait for a sale ;) , but I’m also selling.

Top Bottom