Mike Verta's Master class

A / B

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if someone knows until when Mike Verta's master class offer continuous .

Thank you in advanced :)

OP
A

A / B

Thank for your response. I know that, but would like to know until when it continuous. :)

ism

They are on sale right now under the coupon code "coronahysteria"
Yep, and see this post :

And this one:

Absolutely no need to bring anything from the drama zone onto this thread (please!). But I do think that the coronavirus-denial implicit in this coupon code (and explicit in the second link) needs simply to be noted for what it is.

Because here's how hilarious I am *not* finding Mike's corona mocking marketing and misinformation this morning:

Free country, personal choice, and the customer is always right etc. But know the kind of business you're supporting.

(Also, respect to Daniel James, who's coupon code is "FUCK2020")

Last edited:
Reactions: muk

DivingInSpace

Absolutely no need to bring anything from the drama zone onto this thread (please!). But I do think that the coronavirus-denial implicit in this coupon code (and explicit in the second link) needs simply to be noted for what it is.
With all due respect, if you don't wanna bring anything from the drama zone into this, then maybe just stick to that note instead, because what you are doing with a post sharing tweets and fleshing out this much is pretty much that. It has been said, now let it rest.

ism

With all due respect, if you don't wanna bring anything from the drama zone into this, then maybe just stick to that note instead, because what you are doing with a post sharing tweets and fleshing out this much is pretty much that. It has been said, now let it rest.
I'll partially concede that point.

dzilizzi

Mike's been doing a one composition a day on his YouTube channel if you want to check out his teaching style.

I haven't had time to watch yet. They are all over an hour and close to 2 hours.

MartinH.

Mike's been doing a one composition a day on his YouTube channel if you want to check out his teaching style.
I haven't had time to watch yet. They are all over an hour and close to 2 hours.
Those aren't such a good example imho (although I haven't watched them all either, just going by what I've seen so far). Better to check out any of the "Unleashed" episodes on his channel or the "Free for all" video imho.

patrick76

Oh come on, even though I personally disagree with Verta's stance on the virus-thingie too, do we really need to bring that up everywhere? Witch-hunting and doxxing isn't really civilized either.
I would maybe agree if this happened a long time ago, but he's still posting about it on his twitter feed. I for one am glad this was brought to light because I never would have seen it otherwise. It also does not qualify as doxxing because this is not private information. He posts publicly about it on twitter and he did on VIC as well. Sorry but there are consequences for one's actions and statements. He certainly doesn't seem to want to keep his thoughts a secret about the subject.

patrick76

Well, gotta keep pitchforkin'.
Found out today that my friend's sister, a nurse in Detroit, has corona-virus. On the same day his dad's nurse died from corona-virus. Another friend's aunt was diagnosed with corona-virus and they suspect his mom has it also, but so far they have been unable to even get her tested. There were 110 deaths today in my state of Michigan from covid-19. The numbers are of course expected to continue to rise. I worked at a hospital last week that was converting their warehouse into a makeshift morgue.

Yeah, I'll keep "pitchforking" about an obnoxious, insensitive, misguided, person that minimizes and mocks the response we are taking to combat this pandemic. I don't think it's funny at all.

Quote from his twitter on 4/2/20
"We will continue to face the challenge of this disease-with-the-overwhelming-survival-rate as we have countless others in the last 30,000 years: cowering in our homes in fear until we're told to come out. #Darwin"

4/1/20
"Normally I would figure a 98.6% survival rate would make people happy, but..."

COVID-19 Death Rate Drops, Still Deadly to Seniors
The infection is still much deadlier than the 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic, and the risk rises sharply with age, the researchers say.

webmd.com

4/1/20
"I don't know about you, but my social media feed is loaded with people financially devastated, destroyed, ruined, having to give up dreams, live with their parents. Not so much with the "dead from Covid."

4/1/20
"You know what's weird? There are people that are mad it's not the end of times. I think they just don't want to go back to work. "

4/1/20
"Hey, you know what's selfish? Cleaning out all the toilet paper so other people don't get any. Or participating in this shit that's ruining people's lives and destroying their businesses, just cuz you'd rather stay home and watch Tiger King than go to that dead-end job. #TTWBO"

Henu

Dude, I have asthma and two of my three kids have that as well. Besides that, I'm worried about my parents (my mom has also asthma) and grandmother and my wife's parents who are not in a very good shape. This thing is not a joke, and kills people. We don't leave the house unless needed and take extreme caution on things- and trust me, it's not easy to be locked at home with this family.

HOWEVER, I still don't find Verta's comments to be hurtful, offensive, dangerous or whatever. No matter how much I do respect him as a composer, I want to punctuate that the guy is basically a nobody in a bigger scale. He has like 100 followers on Twitter and keeps mostly ranting to himself like a true flatearther. That being said, I can also understand where he's coming from with the comments, and I do symphatize people who are greatly suffering from all this economically. However, that doesn't mean why shouldn't do the regulations and precautions we have done around the world. It's shitty, it's going to cause a worldwide recession and change the world in a way we have absolutely no idea yet. No wonder he's pissed and scared.

One of my favourite artists, Burzum (a solo artist), went politically rather far-right and embarrassing in the late 90's and is nowadays a weird mixture or a village idiot or a modern day self-branding artist while still releasing albums. Due to that, people- especially in the USA- keep on witch-hunting other people listening to Burzum or wearing his shirts. In fact, not a long time ago I was attacked personally by an article trying to label me as a far-right supporter because I was wearing his shirt in a picture (taken ten years ago).

Mike Verta's psychedelicly embarrassing comments on how the virus is a joke tell more us about the guy himself than anything else. Having seen a lot of his videos, I can't also say that this attitude comes a surprise and seems a stance a guy like him could easily adapt based on his opinions in his videos. He's pissed, in complete denial and has rather grandeouse view on himself and humankind in general. I don't blame the guy for trying to cope with all this in his own way, because his reaction is very natural even though I don't personally find it very intelligent way to deal with the situation.

But judging all his past and future actions due to his personal defense mechanism kicking in during a pandemic crisis would be as stupid as people demanding me to stop wearing those Burzum shirts.

ism

In defense of Mike, I absolutely do not believe that he is unintelligent or psychologically delicate. Nor do I think he’s a terrible person. I love his masterclasses, and I’m sure he’s a very nice guy, personally. But I wish he wouldn’t bring his hard right politics into his marketing, for this crosses a line.

patrick76

But judging all his past and future actions due to his personal defense mechanism kicking in during a pandemic crisis would be as stupid as people demanding me to stop wearing those Burzum shirts.
I'm not doing this, I'm judging his actions now, as he's doing them. I understand your broad point, but we simply don't agree.

I have said nice things about Mike and his classes (even have avoided mentioning things I didn't like in his classes) and I have purchased quite a few. Now, as he rants on twitter and uses a disparaging blurb as an advertisement for his classes I feel I can voice my dislike for that freely as well.

So, I can appreciate your take on this situation and I don't discount everything you mention. You spelled it out and it's fair enough. I hope you and everyone stays safe and that soon enough we can focus on better things.