What's new

Mike Verta Masterclass: Bleeding reverb in Cubase

beyd770

Hey guys!

How can I make the dry signal from f.ex my trumpets, but also the reverb, bleed into other groups of instruments in Cubase (in this case the trombones)?

I have 3 instances of trumpets set up, all routed to a Group Track, called Trumpets. I have the same with the trombones, and coloured them with some early reflections using delay.

I've set up Altiverb on two separate FX Channel Tracks, and set them up as sends on the Group Tracks for individual adjustements.

I want some amount of the trumpets to be heard in the trombones (and vice versa), both the dry-signal from the close mics, and the reverb and its characteristics.

How should I route this?

I want to be able to do this with all other groups of instruments as well, using Mike Vertas provided stems for reference.

Any Cubase-wizards out there? :)

JeffvR

I don't know why you want this... but I think you can just send the group trumpets to the input of the trombones group.

OP
beyd770

beyd770

I don't know why you want this... but I think you can just send the group trumpets to the input of the trombones group.

Ah, as easy as that! :) Trying to add some realism to the mockup, and found out that every stem contains bleed from surrounding players - they are not recorded alone in a big hall, one by one :)

OP
beyd770

beyd770

Just a heads up.. You may give yourself some phase issues doing this (if I'm understanding correctly what you're trying to do)

Ryan

Yeah, this was no easy task, to be honest. Not satisfied with the method I've come up with so far. Is this a very unusual way of thinking mockups?

Patrick de Caumette

If you assign the same reverb aux to different sections of the orchestra using a send, these sections will end up "bleeding" in that reverb, meaning they will all bounce around in that space.
What you are trying to do is un-necessary/you are over thinking it...

Top Bottom