What's new

Midnight Grand by Fracture Sounds - Available Now

Bought... I love it! Very inspiring and rich tone and smooth dynamics (as far as my non-piano player feel and short time with the instrument goes).

Some experimenting with it (mild processing applied). Not a real piece and somewhat rough playing but I think it shows off the piano in a rather wide range.
The pads/textures in the background are from the library.
Note: Soundcloud degrades the sound... better quality here: https://picosong.com/wu8MR/

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Woodchester program....then came Midnight Grand.....WOW !!!....I’m in love all over again!!!....I sat for 4 hrs in a dark room with a lit candle ,and this piano, and drifted off....I didn’t want to come back !!!......Jim

Has quickly become one of my favorite piano libs. Sooo beautiful with a character that is truly unique from any other I own including the Woodchester , Spitfires felt , SI emotional piano etc. (that have a similar resonance )

Bought... I love it! Very inspiring and rich tone and smooth dynamics (as far as my non-piano player feel and short time with the instrument goes).

Some experimenting with it (mild processing applied). Not a real piece and somewhat rough playing but I think it shows off the piano in a rather wide range.
Note: Soundcloud degrades the sound... better quality here: https://picosong.com/wu8MR/

Love the piece! Reminds me of Ludovico Einaudi

Nice piece. There's a sound in there that jumps out to me though--like an acoustic guitar being strummed somewhere in the background.

Does anyone else hear that, and is it possible to turn that sound down?

Last edited:
IDK what you mean exactly but the sound of the felt is very prominent in this production
I guess it's the natural attack of the hammer on cotton during the louder notes. Strangely, it sounds separate and distinct from the piano to my ear, like someone is strumming a guitar along with the piano. It's prominent in DarkestShadow's song posted above. I don't dislike it, I'm just wondering if I can turn it down when needed.

I guess it's the natural attack of the hammer on cotton during the louder notes. Strangely, it sounds separate and distinct from the piano to my ear, like someone is strumming a guitar along with the piano. It's prominent in DarkestShadow's song posted above. I don't dislike it, I'm just wondering if I can turn it down when needed.

Yeah you can. None of the other demos have that sound. I was surprised for a minute too. Nice to see that you can have that option if you want to but not a standard demo for what it sounds like.

Just grabbed Midnight Grand before midnight and I'm not disappointed!
Wow. The atmosphere pads are a very nice unique touch.
Additionally spent some time blending it with the new LCOT evos to create some really nice textures, but even without adding any additionals the atmospheres do a beautiful job with that.
It's my new fav. :) Thank you folks at Fracture for this little gem.

Nice piece. There's a sound in there that jumps out to me though--like an acoustic guitar being strummed somewhere in the background.

Does anyone else hear that, and is it possible to turn that sound down?
Yea, that's the felt for sure. I like it... ads an interesting sense of intimacy IMO.
But it certainly isn't always appropriate - as anderslink said, you can turn it down with a sample start parameter. It was shown in the walk-through video.
Some delicate high end EQ'ing might also work.
Yeah you can. None of the other demos have that sound. I was surprised for a minute too. Nice to see that you can have that option if you want to but not a standard demo for what it sounds like.
Hmm... I don't think it's that much more prominent in my example than in the demos. Some people have already mentioned it here before.

Hello, very nice Piano. I bought it at noon today. It sounds very nice, but it is very heavy bass. are there some nice EQ settings that you can recommend?

Hello, very nice Piano. I bought it at noon today. It sounds very nice, but it is very heavy bass. are there some nice EQ settings that you can recommend?
It depends on the sounds around the piano. Sometimes the intimate low end is desired, sometimes all you need is a high pass filter.

I turn down the actual piano slider, and add another piano that is brighter on the same midi channel to balance the mix.....As LinusW said, I really like the dark/dramatic sound the way it is for the appropriate application

Top Bottom