What's new

Midnight Grand by Fracture Sounds - Available Now

willbedford

Composer - Sample Library Developer
midnight-grand-email-header.jpg

I am very excited to share Fracture Sounds’ latest creation, Midnight Grand.This is a stunning Steinway D Concert Grand, sampled in intimate detail in a modern concert hall environment. We prepared the piano with a layer of cotton, to create a delicate, cinematic tone.

Midnight Grand follows the same ‘frictionless user experience’ philosophy as our other instruments - simply load up the patch and play.

midnight-grand-gui-screenshot.jpg

Walkthrough

Demos

This instrument is the product of many months of work, and we are incredibly proud to share it with you.

More info at https://fracturesounds.com/midnight-grand

Last edited:
No Brainer.. Bought, but when i try to expand the rar files on my mac it says:

/Users/rsp/Desktop/Midnight Grand/Midnight Grand.part1.rar is not RAR archive
No files to extract

has anyone else been able to extract theirs?
thanks
rsp

edit: as their email says.
it works with https://theunarchiver.com/
on mac

Last edited:
God damn it

2r3j2z.jpg

Using the Shivers layer causes glitching on both my mac and pc, whether in Kontakt 6 standalone or in Cubendo alas... rsp

I use 64 sample size buffer on both systems... maybe that is it (I know albion 1 legato had issues with that, but no other Kontakt library I have had)....I also wondered if it was that my streaming drive was not ssd, but I copied it to an ssd drive and tried it there and that glitched too...
I moved my sample buffer to 128 and that though not completely glitch free, glitched significantly less.

Clearly it is a cpu issue with low latencies.
rsp

Whats your CPU spec?
Nuendo 8.2 | Gigabyte GA X79 UP4 : Intel HEX Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad |
Cubase 9.5 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.12.6 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad |

But support at fracture said they reproduced it and sent me a fix which I am downloading as we speak. Will let them know and you if it fixes it :)
rsp

edit: and that fix worked like a charm :)
Quickest fix ever :)

So now that I have gotten past the technical glitch...... This is so beautiful..... responsive and inspirational...
Huge Kudos.
rsp

Top Bottom