What's new

MIDIssonance Zebra Ultramarine - Available Now - New Demo Added

Vin

Λᴉu
Hi good folks,

Announcing the next MIDIssonance soundset - Zebra Ultramarine.

7UVbzNb.jpg

Zebra Ultramarine is the first MIDIssonance soundset for amazing u-he Zebra/HZ 2.8, containing 120 cinematic patches.

Zebra Ultramarine explores the unique textural capabilities of amazing Zebra 2 and also takes advantage of its comprehensive and intuitive rhythmic engine and powerful oscillators, resulting in a versatile, instantly inspiring scoring collection. Some of the sounds are so organic it’s hard to believe that there aren’t any samples involved.

While Zebra Ultramarine is primarily designed for scoring applications (Film, TV, Games, Trailers), it will also work great in other genres such as ambient, neoclassical or new age.

Patches are carefully programmed with detailed modulation capabilities, offering much more detail per every preset.

Soundset is comprised of:

50 Rhythmic (20 Arps, 15 Basslines, 15 Sequences)

40 Pads & Drones (15 Pads, 15 Textures Playable, 10 Textures Atmospheric)

30 Instruments (12 Leads, 12 Basses, 6 Acoustic)

Zebra Ultramarine will be available on Tuesday for €19.95 (+ VAT in EU) at midissonance.com

For those who prefer the sound of ZebraHZ, there is Zebra Ultramarine adapted for ZebraHZ, taking advantage of probably the best software filters, Diva's and polyphonic compressors. It's available for additional €10 (€29.95 with Zebra Ultramarine).

NOTE: Due to stellar quality of Diva's filters, ZebraHZ version can be quite CPU-intensive. To save processing power, switch filter quality to draft while playing and render in best quality.

Listen to some demo tracks here:

Full patch walkthrough:

More demos soon!

Last edited:
Woaaaaa... tell us more... :)

Walkthrough video (every single patch as usual) is in the works, but since this is the first library for Zebra, it's quite versatile. It can sound modern and retro, it can sound subtle and powerful. Some of the influences for this one are scores for Annihilation, BR2049, Breaking Bad, Dark, Bourne series etc., as well as some cool sonic experiments (you'll hear those atmospheric textures ;)). As mentioned before, some of the sounds are extremely organic even though obviously there isn't any sampling involved in Zebra.

As always, patches are meticulously crafted to fit very well with orchestral instruments and in the mix.

I assume there won't be demo patches? So I instead will ask.
How extensive is modwheel, aftertouch, ctrlA and B and XY pad mappings used in this bank?
thanks
rsp

Great and inspiring stuff as always, Vin!

Thanks man! :)

Hurry up and release it!

Soooon :)

I assume there won't be demo patches? So I instead will ask.
How extensive is modwheel, aftertouch, ctrlA and B and XY pad mappings used in this bank?
thanks
rsp

Not currently, perhaps after the release. Regarding the programming, sound variation is controlled via Mod Wheel most of the time (velocity in several cases). No X/Y in this one, since I think Mod Wheel covers variation pretty nicely, but it can always be added in an update if there's enough demand :)

Here's a new, Breaking Bad inspired underscore demo - all sounds Zebra Ultramarine:

Last edited:
Top Bottom