1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MIDI mock-up – Aunt Marge's Waltz (John Williams)

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by Kubler, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kubler

Kubler Active Member

Jan 6, 2016
    France
    Hi everyone,

I put the last hand yesterday to my MIDI mock-up of this wonderful piece from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban's soundtrack. I made it as a programming & mixing exercice for my scoring studies. Enjoy and feel free to tell me what you want to say about it :)

2. Paul T McGraw

Paul T McGraw Senior Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Awesome! I like the way you did the video with the little pictures of the instruments. Very entertaining.

Kubler likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Kubler

Kubler Active Member

Jan 6, 2016
    France
  4. Paul T McGraw

Paul T McGraw Senior Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Of course, the midi performance itself was very good. You did an awesome job with the music and the presentation.

5. OP
    OP
    Kubler

Kubler Active Member

Jan 6, 2016
    France
    Transcribing a whole PDF score note by note into my DAW was quite a pain in the arse I must say, but I'm glad it turned out well ^^ Thank you for the kind words

NoamL likes this.
  6. Haakond

Haakond Senior Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Norway
    Very nice.

You did a good job with the video as well, enjoyed following along

Kubler likes this.
  7. calebfaith

calebfaith Senior Member

Awesome! Nice mix.

If I were to nitpick I thought in some parts it sounded a little bit mechanical. It makes a big difference with samples if you 'humanize' them a tiny bit by varying the velocity and rhythm by a tiny fraction

Kubler likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Kubler

Kubler Active Member

Jan 6, 2016
    France
    I admit I don't do that much, I find the humanizing tool in FL Studio quite unpractical. I usually make sure to blurry keyboards and mallets rhythms' precision a little bit (for instance here the celeste) but that's all. Thank you for your feedback !