1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MIDI Keyboard - random CC1 and CC7 - LogicProX

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by JaikumarS, Oct 7, 2017.

1. JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    My MIDI Keyboard M-Audio Keystudio 49 is passing - random CC1 and CC7 into LogicProX how to stop/filter it?

I'm also using Korg nanoKONTROL, which I wanna write CC1, CC11, CC7, CC2, CC21.

Both my nanoKontrol + Maudio Keystudio are connected to Belkin USB hub which is then connected to Mac Mini.

Thank you

- JS

Edit--
    Issue Sorted :)
    ---
    Thank you Audiogrocery @A.G Team for helping me.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. mc_deli

mc_deli Senior Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Get a new non-M-Audio keyboard might be one solution...

(I actively dislike M-Audio for stiffing me by dropping support on one product. So I am harsh. But plenty of probs with M-Audio keys on the interwebs...)

JaikumarS likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Just came across the tool MIDIpipe still wondering how can I filter the CC7 sent from the very old fader of Keystudio

4. micrologus

micrologus Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Switzerland
    I had the same problem! So I bought a Novation Impulse.

5. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    I dont wanna buy a new keyboard instead would like to use Midipipe or other software and filter out random messages sent from my MIDI controller.

6. A.G

A.G Senior Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Bulgaria
    You do not need MIDIpipe in case that Logic offers a powerful Environment where you can use a single Transformer object to filter multiple CC numbers simultaneously. If you are not familiar how to do that, please contact:
    [email protected]

I will provide a Logic project example with such multi CC Filter.

BTW. To be honest it is better to repair the external controller Knob/Faders rather than filter the outgoing data. For example you can use a regular spray lubrication to fix the damaged "dry" faders/knob which output that random CC data. Do it at your own risk or go to service.

AG

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    JaikumarS likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Thank you. I'd sent an email.

I had serviced it twice and not happy with the results :) Need to use this till I get my new Roland A-88

-JS

8. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Thank you Audiogrocery @A.G Team for helping me.

9. A.G

A.G Senior Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Bulgaria
    It was a pleasure to support you Jaikumar, though you are not an AG user. Be welcome!