What's new

MIDI CC Data Issue in Cubase 8.5

toddkedwards

Todd K. Edwards
Hey Guys,

I've recently switched from Logic Pro X to Cubase 8.5 and I have no clue how to fix this issue I've ran into. I was trying to setup MIDI CC data control (quick control) with my Nectar Impact LX88 faders. I want to be able to use my faders on the Impact to control Midi CC's data (#1,#2,etc.) for Cinesamples Strings, Brass, and Percussion.

While I was attempting to do this I've seem to lost all control over Midi CC1 with my mod wheel in Kontakt 5. When I try moving the mod wheel it does not do anything.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I'm sure it's something really easy but since I'm new to Cubase, I really have no clue! :confused:

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited:
It would be nice for things to work a 100 percent all the time, I guess thats how it should be.

Have you tried un mapping and resetting every thing to default, the try again but test every thing one at a time until the bug happens again, when you come across the one that courses the bug, I guess you should find a work around, but any luck it could turn out fine.

That's easy: if you assigned one of the faders with CC1 as a quick control, how should cubase know, which is the mod wheel and which the fader? The solution: use different CC values on the faders and assign these newly to the quick controls. Then your CC1 data from the mod wheel can pass through as normal midi again.

That's easy: if you assigned one of the faders with CC1 as a quick control, how should cubase know, which is the mod wheel and which the fader? The solution: use different CC values on the faders and assign these newly to the quick controls. Then your CC1 data from the mod wheel can pass through as normal midi again.
@FriFlo Thanks for the tip. I'll give this a try and see if it fixes my problem. I hate being a newbie!

@FriFlo I tried to do what you said above but now I've lost complete control of CC1 in cubase. I inserted a midi monitor and CC1 is not being recognized on my midi controller. All other midi signals are shown. I tried reinstalling my software that came with my midi controller but nothing seems to work.

When I open up Kontakt the mod wheel in the keyboard does not move. (The keyboard within the Kontakt interface)

Any tips or suggestions?

It would be nice for things to work a 100 percent all the time, I guess thats how it should be.

Have you tried un mapping and resetting every thing to default, the try again but test every thing one at a time until the bug happens again, when you come across the one that courses the bug, I guess you should find a work around, but any luck it could turn out fine.
Where do I go to remap everything in Cubase?

@toddkedwards where ever you mapped your necter to, you need to unmap, if you have used write or read with autamation, you need to select the tab autamation and click stop all autamation, it will give you a choice on selected tracks but just choose stop all autamation.

@toddkedwards where ever you mapped your necter to, you need to unmap, if you have used write or read with autamation, you need to select the tab autamation and click stop all autamation, it will give you a choice on selected tracks but just choose stop all autamation.
Ok. I'll give this a try and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks again!

Top Bottom