What's new

Metropolis Ark 2 - Released!

Paypal vs bank rate for Aus please anyone.

At the flat exchange rate it worked out at $475 AUD a couple of days ago (that's with the ARK 1 discount). PayPal came out at $515 AUD. Depends what your bank tags on for foreign transactions as to which will be cheaper, but don't expect any change from $500AUD (but that's still a lot better than waiting and buying it at full price!)

So just confirming, the strings are played in unison sections - low, mid, high - and can only be separated by turning down mic positions?

I am in the same boat as well.

John,

If you're like me you're thinking "String Runs is not on sale and will never be on sale so it doesn't matter when I buy it. However, ARK 2 is close to half price with the loyalty discount and if I don't get it now I'll most likely never pay the full price for it." And maybe also "Do I really truly need it?"

$600 buys a guy a lot during Black Friday. This year we could have bought East West Diamond Orchestra and still had money left over for lunch.

Yes, you have to account that East West Diamond Orchestra is approximately 680 GB in size and would take the entire SSD drive I have. Even with Ark1 and Ark2 take far less space than East West Diamond Orchestra which only comes with a hard drive at this time. I do find that Ark1 has more expression dynamic range than my Hollywood strings gold to my ears. EastWest uses CC11 for expression and CC7 for volume but it is not as obvious for my needs. Still deciding what step to take.

Yes, you have to account that East West Diamond Orchestra is approximately 680 GB in size and would take the entire SSD drive I have. Even with Ark1 and Ark2 take far less space than East West Diamond Orchestra which only comes with a hard drive at this time. I do find that Ark1 has more expression dynamic range than my Hollywood strings gold to my ears. EastWest uses CC11 for expression and CC7 for volume but it is not as obvious for my needs. Still deciding what step to take.

Here's the math as far as I am concerned. Ark 2 is going to be 599 Euros but if I buy it now I can get it for 349. That's a savings of $250 euros. OT String Runs is $260 Euros. For 10 more Euros I can have both BUT... I don't have the full 599 Euros to spend budget-wise. In the long run it's better for me to buy both if, indeed, I feel I would use both of them. Ark 2 was not on my list this year and I've been looking to get the Strings Runs library for quite a few years but every year something like this happens and I end up with something else...

First world problems for sure... but problems none the less...

Here's the math as far as I am concerned. Ark 2 is going to be 599 Euros but if I buy it now I can get it for 349. That's a savings of $250 euros. OT String Runs is $260 Euros. For 10 more Euros I can have both BUT... I don't have the full 599 Euros to spend budget-wise. In the long run it's better for me to buy both if, indeed, I feel I would use both of them. Ark 2 was not on my list this year and I've been looking to get the Strings Runs library for quite a few years but every year something like this happens and I end up with something else...

First world problems for sure... but problems none the less...
I like your logic

Re: OT and a couple others... I've come to regret not taking advantage of the extremely generous intro offers... on the other hand... I've also come to regret buying a slew of orchestral libs over the years... not OT though... just LOVE capsule; sound is a given...zbest!

I like Orchestra tools but if I dream to get the entire library is 5.000$ up. Fot the price of Ark1 and 2 I buy another library, is very very expensive and not competitive...

There is only a couple of things that OT do which irritates and its down to the Capsule scripting:

1. No way to trigger some things via Keyswitch such as (Legato On/Off, Alternative Transition) and why they could not have done it how many other Legatos are done ie Low Velocity Portamento, High Fingered.

2. Many GUI controls like Mic Sliders cannot be automated, but need to be CC controlled. Stops the possibility to add in NKS style functionality.

But every developer seems to have something that jars (perhaps they do it on purpose to make us buy them all!).

I will get this on Ark Bundle. Or epic bundle. Or maybe full OT bundle. They will do it eventually, trust me.

FYI for those who were wondering... I received the following message from OT regarding the choir vowels:
"the sustains/legato has "ooo", there are other syllables for the shorts (same as in MA1)."

For someone like myself who is lacking in choir libraries, this is a bit of a downer... was hoping for at least the "aahs" to counterbalance the more solemn ooo/ooh. Tobias responded quickly to my enquiry which is not always the case with other developers, so that's a thumbs-up to consider.

What a beautiful sound! Ben's composition was quite different, what I would expect of the library. Great compositions. Though I would like to hear more of the ominous, dark side of the library. Unfortunately I've used my this year's budget after Berlin Brass.

Wish the finish date for the discount period was end of December. Tough justifying spending that amount of money (even at the sale price) just prior to Christmas! The new demos do sound superb.

Wish the finish date for the discount period was end of December. Tough justifying spending that amount of money (even at the sale price) just prior to Christmas! The new demos do sound superb.
They did the exact same thing for the launch of Berlin Strings :sad:

Top Bottom