1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metagrid for IOS (Updated with LE Commands)

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by jononotbono, Jan 5, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Well... I am from the Isle of Wight haha

Eliot likes this.
  2. Soundhound

Soundhound Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    perfect, thanks!

3. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    It does not get any better than that! (Except for TWO iPad Pros [either gen])

Soundhound likes this.
  4. Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    I just want to say to those who are considering the big 12.9 iPad, don't hesitate -- it's really amazing having all of that real estate to use. I wasn't sure when I first got it, but now I can't live without it. :) At some point I'll get a second one...that will be insane.

5. stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
    Yes it's nice!!

6. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Watched with envy as jononotbono showed his MG template, allowing him to call up his strings template, or a specific SF library. Would LOVE to be able to do this! Has anyone managed this in Logic? I've just downloaded MG, and am working my way through understanding, but just want to know if this is feasible in Logic?

Quick aside note for the developer: the link for the Logic Pro X video tutorial on the website under DAW setup is broken: it actually shows the Studio One video, not Logic. Had to google to find the correct video.

7. Soundhound

Soundhound Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    i was going to but the used ones on ebay are more expensive than i thought they were, and i’m a cheap bastard.

my birthday is coming up however, months away but it’s never too early to start planning.

8. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    If I understand correctly, macros can not be implemented in Logic, as they are in Cubase, and without this, all of the functionality that jononotbono shows in his video for metagrid is not applicable to Logic, since he makes such extensive use of the PLE and MLE.

Am I correct? :sad:

That would be a shame, as it would severely limit the utility of metagrid for Logic (not metagrid's fault of course - they can only work with what Apple provides).

9. jonathanwright

jonathanwright Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    Apologies if this has already been covered, but is it possible to create a button that toggles the hide/view state of a folder, without hiding everything else?

10. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Two of the greatest things about Cubase are the Project Logical Editor (PLE) and the Logical Editor (LE). A lot of this stuff can't be done in other DAWs. I do use Logic from time to time but not as much as Cubase so I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer.

11. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 11.28.26.png

Remember the track name has to be spelt exactly for it to work ;)

jonathanwright likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Just installed the new MG update. Liking the swipe to pages and hide Menu Bar features. Very cool.

13. Nils Neumann

Nils Neumann Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Germany/Stuttgart
    new version is online? I only saw the metaserver update

14. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Yeah not the long awaited .5 update but a smaller update. I downloaded it from the Apple Store...

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.04.27.png

Nils Neumann likes this.
  15. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Ok, thanks for the reply anyway.

Unfortunately, this renders metagrid less functional than the Logic Remote then - Logic remote has buttons for common tasks (not macros), and also has faders (so at least better until v1.5). Again, not a complaint against metagrid, but just want to highlight to other Logic users so they don't make the same mistake I did.

Really disappointed - the functionality you're getting out of it for Cubase is awesome! Maybe we'll get it in Logic 11!

16. jonathanwright

jonathanwright Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    Fantastic, thanks so much Jono!

UPDATE: The preset works perfectly when applied from within Cubase, but what is the correct configuration to trigger it on the iPad? I've tried setting up a button with the correct metagrid macro, but it doesn't trigger it?

UPDATE II: Don't worry, I think I found it!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  17. tav.one

tav.one Brown Composer

Thanks, I was about to buy it expecting macros in Logic. You're right, Logic Remote makes much more sense till Logic can make better use of MG

18. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

Got this weird error today in Nuendo 8, Windows 10 and Metasystem 1.44..... restarting Nuendo got rid of it still....for their info.

Attached Files:

19. Anymore news on this yet?
    As I notice we are using the key command database from 10.2.4 currently..come on Apple

20. Symfoniq

Symfoniq Senior Member

May 8, 2013
    I'm seeing this crash with Metaserver 1.44, too, on Windows 10 with Cubase 9.5.