Metagrid for IOS (Updated with LE Commands)

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by jononotbono, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Metasystem.io

Metasystem.io Senior Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Hi Guys - just to let you know we are working very hard on v1.5 and want to release it in January. There will be lots of new exciting stuff there. This video is just a start :).

2. DynamicK

DynamicK Senior Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Gloucestershire
    Great news. What IOS version will it require?

3. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    iOS 10 or later.

PaulBrimstone likes this.
  4. Nils Neumann

Nils Neumann Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Germany/Stuttgart
    Is it possible to use different versions of Metagrid at the same time? I have a old Ipad2 that is stuck on iOS 9.
    And what about faders for the 1.5 update?

5. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    We don't know yet if it will be possible - we will test it next week. Faders are coming to v1.5.

6. DynamicK

DynamicK Senior Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Gloucestershire
    Brilliant. :thumbsup: I use an -IPad 4 and an iPad Air and was hoping there would still be support for the IP 4, seeing as it doesn't support IOS 11

7. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Looking forward to this man! :)

8. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Here is a short teaser about revamped scene bar in Metagrid 1.5:

9. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Senior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Looks very nice, will our current layouts carry over or will we have to start again?

10. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Naturally, all your existing layouts will be intact. In some buttons, you will need to adjust the color of the text, though - since we added a text color parameter and set gray as default which may not go well with some backgrounds. But we also implemented selective copy/paste of text color parameters, so changing text color for multiple buttons will be just a swipe away.

11. Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Man, this all looks great with 1.5. I'm about to go Metagrid with Cubase, and I have a question for you all about iPad size.

I can't decide whether to go 10.5 or 12.9. With 10.5 I could at some point have a double iPad setup like Jono does, but with 12.9 I could fit more buttons. Two 12.9's feels like it would just be too big, so if I did two it would likely be with 10.5, though two won't happen for a bit because iPads are so over-priced. :)

I work extremely fast and like the least amount of keystrokes/clicks possible (which is at odds with the often clunky Cubase - ha ha ha). What are all of your opinions regarding this with iPad size?

12. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Personally, I use two iPad Pro configuration - it is a real powerhouse - large screen estate plus the ability to lock one iPad to your DAW and another switching dynamically. If it is not an option, I'd go for one iPad Pro - with toggle switches and other functions implemented in v1.5 you will be able to create very flexible control surface and from my experience screen size really matters. That's my perspecitve, of course.

13. Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Thanks for your view! You mean two 12.9" iPad Pros, I assume? It seems so huge, but then again I'm used to working with nothing, so that's probably why. :)

14. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    Interesting. I’m using one iPad Pro atm via MIDI. Are you using BOTH pros connected using MIDI?

15. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    I am using both iPads with Metagrid connected to our Metaserver that handles MIDI as well - Metagrid can simultanously be used on up to 4 iPads.

16. maestro2be

maestro2be Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Przemek, it's always nice to see you active and doing these projects. I have a question for you. Can this application also replace Switcheroo?

Also, Faders :).

17. PaulBrimstone

PaulBrimstone Far, Far Away

Nov 22, 2016
    Dang. That means I’ll have to upgrade to a newer iPad. Ah well, it had to happen sooner or later...

18. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Metagrid is much, much more than Switcheroo - and as advanced as Switcheroo is, it is just a Lemur template. With toggle buttons coming in Metagrid v1.5 (see the teaser few post above), I am sure you will not miss any button-related features.

19. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    Thanks for the response. I’ll get a second Pro then and have a console built to imbed them in. Your product has improved our workflow 100%. Looking forward to your updates.

20. Metasystem.io

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Great to hear :).