1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metagrid for IOS (Updated with LE Commands)

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by jononotbono, Jan 5, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Regarding my last post, turns out there is a bug with Cubase and triggering Cubase Macros with Midi Devices. Rather annoying as this problem doesn't exist in Cubase 8.5

On another note, anyone else excited by the incoming MG update? They said hopefully the end of September so could be any day now!

arnau likes this.
  2. Nils Neumann

Nils Neumann Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Germany/Stuttgart
    Hopefully some faders :3

3. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Have been putting lemur aside in anticipation of this update.. hoping to replace lemur with MG if faders/knobs work with Cubase/VE Pro.

4. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

I've been playing around with Embertone's Friedlander and Fischer Viola and they come with TouchOSC Controllers for both. Man, they are so good. Makes the instruments so controllable and these controllers rely on XY Pads so I am hoping XY Pads are in the update as I will make a few Custom Spitfire MG Controllers!

5. Pat Human

Pat Human Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Any News on the 1.5 Update? Was planned to be out by now wasn‘t it?

Cheers,
    Patrick

6. Kaufmanmoon

Kaufmanmoon Matthew Kilford

Jan 25, 2015
    Anyone using Metagrid with Logic? Currently comparing it with Logic Remote and although I'm realising Metagrid is more powerful, I'm trying to figure out if I can access my track stacks saved in my library with a touch of a button into my template. Would love them all on one "Scene" in metagrid. Is that possible?

7. Nils Neumann

Nils Neumann Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Germany/Stuttgart
    Just try to couple a track stack with a keycommand, if that is possible you can make a set up with metagrid;)

Kaufmanmoon likes this.
  8. Kaufmanmoon

Jan 25, 2015
    Will take a look, but i'm unsure how to manage that just yet. thank Nils.

edit. I'm looking but not sure it can be done.
    If someone could confirm this for me that would be fantastic.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  9. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Looking forward to the update too!

10. stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
  11. Kaufmanmoon

Jan 25, 2015
    I'm still playing with both Logic Remote vs Metagrid.
    I can access the Track Stacks in Logic Remote with a couple of clicks.
    Still not figured out how to do it in Metagrid.
    Again, I can see how powerful the app is,but i'm yet to harness the bloody thing.
    I love the markers built into the standard logic set up. Very handy

12. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I just wish logic remote would auto update key commands or let the user custom name certain key command buttons.

Metagrid is definitely better in that regard

13. RKorsakov

RKorsakov Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I'm just getting into Metagrid, which is really terrific.

Switching over from TouchOSC.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the text-size in buttons.

The button size in the grids are all useable, but the text is SO tiny in comparison to the button size that it makes it hard to read.

Some of the grids like 6x5 with larger buttons do seem to automatically use a larger text, but the grids like 9x8 have tiny text despite all of that wasted room on the button?

Thanks!

14. jason_

jason_ Senior Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Got Metragrid a few days ago (thanks Jono for the recommendation on here!) and it really, truly is incredible.
    Works beautifully on my iPad Pro 12.9".
    SO glad to hear that faders are in the pipeline. Will be able to replace Lemur completely then :)

If the developer is reading this... And this is nitpicking, but would it be possible to change the icons for the two "shift" buttons? Or make the current ones a bit more elegant? They just stick out a bit from the beautiful design of the app. Even if you took the grey edges around them away so that they're floating like the view buttons next to them..

15. Havoc911

Havoc911 Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    For anyone who has an Avid account, their Pro-tools control app is free and is almost identical to Metafader. An added bonus is that its EUCON protocol and you can use it in conjunction with a MC/HUI device without freaking Cubase out.

16. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    Are there more ICONS available anywhere? Can users make their own?

17. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

I actually requested that a while ago but they said they don't want to over complicate it.

18. jason_

jason_ Senior Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Let's hope they change their mind about that... Or at least just update the current ones to something a bit more pleasing.

19. Metasystem.io

Metasystem.io Senior Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    Just to let you know guys that we are working hard on Metagrid v1.5 - we want to release it by the end of January.

PaulBrimstone and C-Wave like this.
  20. Metasystem.io

Metasystem.io Senior Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Wrocław
    We will change it for sure :). The whole scene bar has been revamped and the big shift buttons are gone forever :).

PaulBrimstone, C-Wave and jononotbono like this.