What's new

Melda releases statement suggesting Mac users finally consider switching to Windows

Yep. Also pretty heavy and the click noise is too loud.

Not sure why but Apple mice have always been terrible.
Generally, any mouse from a computer manufacturer has been pretty bad. So it's not just Apple. I never use the stock mice. I always buy a nice colorful Logitech wireless one.

From developer point of view (I am doing Windows desktop apps in C#) I understand if update cycle breaks down things that the developer constantly needs to attend to. Compare it to Microsoft backward compatibility - I can install my WPF app on Windows 7, 8, 10 without any problem and it works fine. Now, they even let WPF apps to be packaged and distributed from Microsoft store, but that is another story :-D

From user point of view, I completely understand the appeal Mac has for people - I have MacBook Pro 2013, and it never had 1 single crash, it is the best laptop I had. I have had iPhones and they are best phones I had. However, my desktop is custom built PC, that is still very powerful, still going strong. From Mac pro desktops, there could be sort of a mid-tier option. I am a bit afraid of all-in-one design (iMac, iMac Pro - repairs, cooling, expandability, etc), new Mac pro is quite an overkill on the other hand :-D

Yep. Also pretty heavy and the click noise is too loud.

Not sure why but Apple mice have always been terrible.

I have no idea what the hell you people are talking about.

In addition to having excellent ergonomics, the Magic Mouse is also the most reliable mouse I've ever used.

It's really crap ergonomically when compared to something like Logitech MX Master which literally blends with your hand. But also many other mice. Hell, even my old cheap Genius was ergonomically sound. Apple's mouse simply isn't good, and it costs ridiculously too much for what it is. There are many who agree.

Also: WTF!

That's pretty stupid, lemme not use a harsher word because it does exist for shit like this.

Generally, any mouse from a computer manufacturer has been pretty bad. So it's not just Apple. I never use the stock mice. I always buy a nice colorful Logitech wireless one.

And lots of people love trackballs, which I think suck.

But you know, there's a difference between something not fitting your body and saying it's total shite for everyone!

(Which dzlizzi isn't saying here, but I disagree that it's pretty bad.)

It's really crap ergonomically when compared to something like Logitech MX Master. But also many other mice.

No, the Logitech is total crap and anyone who likes it sucks whale dingus and should be put in prison for all of eternity and then sent to hell for damnation and stuff.

Anyone who doesn't love the Magic Mouse is the worst person ever.

Oh I see some buttons were pushed. :P Well, I am evil after all, so IDGAF :)

(Also I didn't say it's shit for everyone. However, I know a LOT of Mac users who say it's quite shit, too. So there you have it.)

And lots of people love trackballs, which I think suck.

But you know, there's a difference between something not fitting your body and saying it's total shite for everyone!

(Which dzlizzi isn't saying here, but I disagree that it's pretty bad.)
LOL! They work. They feel cheap. At least the ones I've gotten from Dell, HP and Lenovo. And the "wire" is usually too stiff so it gets caught on things and you can't move your mouse smoothly. Now Apple wired mice actually have had decent wires on the ones I've used. Just sometimes too short. Though I expect they are not thinking someone is going to push the keyboard away and use a musical keyboard with the mouse.

No, the Logitech is total crap and anyone who likes it sucks whale dingus and should be put in prison for all of eternity and then sent to hell for damnation and stuff.

Anyone who doesn't love the Magic Mouse is the worst person ever.
But they come in pretty colors! And cool designs. Not boring white. Ugly boring white. Just Yuk.

IMO Apple indeed has used the MacPro as a "Formula 1" type product to show off how far their tech can stretch and how professionals work with it. Compared to laptops, tablets, phones and even iMacs the profit is probably hardly worth it, but it has a great marketing value.

Yup. I'm sure the ROI from the development of the new Mac Pro vs the sales numbers they'll see from that line are nothing compared to what they see from consumer products like iPhones, MacBooks, etc.

I have no idea what the hell you people are talking about.

In addition to having excellent ergonomics, the Magic Mouse is also the most reliable mouse I've ever used.

The Magic Mouse 2 weights about 100 grams but my wired gaming mouse weights around 80 grams. The Magic Mouse 1 was even worse as it used 2 batteries IIRC. The click noise was also much worse.

As for the ergonomics there are companies selling accessories to make it more comfortable:

Maybe you do not care about these things but a lot of people do.

It's really crap ergonomically when compared to something like Logitech MX Master which literally blends with your hand. But also many other mice. Hell, even my old cheap Genius was ergonomically sound. Apple's mouse simply isn't good, and it costs ridiculously too much for what it is. There are many who agree.

Also: WTF!

That's pretty stupid, lemme not use a harsher word because it does exist for shit like this.
Yes, this recharging situation is the worst thing about the wireless magic mouse. Ergonomically it's better than any other Apple mouse I've had. I wouldn't say it's terrible but I wouldn't say it's great either.

Had a chance to use that mouse, but could never adjust to it, nor did I want to, so I just use a normal one. That thing is more about looks, than function.

Oh I see some buttons were pushed. :P Well, I am evil after all, so IDGAF :)

(Also I didn't say it's shit for everyone. However, I know a LOT of Mac users who say it's quite shit, too. So there you have it.)

It doesn't have any buttons to push

Anyway, I know far more Mac users who say it's not quite shit. And they are experts on shit.

Top Bottom