What's new

Melda releases statement suggesting Mac users finally consider switching to Windows

On a trip to New York a few years ago, we encountered a guy shouting out his window to another guy in the street:

"You're shit."

"No. YOU'RE shit."

"NO! YOU ARE SHIT!"

"No! You're SHIT!"

This went on for quite a while!

Ah yes. i use the magic grips. no more pain. well... I have pain from other things, lol, bike accidents broken fingers in martial arts, skiers thumb, etc and arthritis now.

That's cheating, Terry! No fair claiming skier's thumbsies and karate accidents!

Just in case there are any hackintoshers in the thread...
(I'm not suggesting building one is for everyone. Hence the 'just in case' bit !!)

Looks like a Mac, built like a Hac.... $199 for the classic 5,1 grating, $279 for the nMP style.

The case below, (Dune Case Pro) launched today. Its backing goal was reached in under 5 hours. $85,000+ reached since 10 AM this morning :cool: And the campaign runs for another month...

Clearly the demand for a configurable but realistically priced alternative to the nMP is there.
Info for anyone interested below the video...

Indiegogo backing/order page:

EDIT: Indiegogo pages don't link on here. You can link directly from their site below.
https://www.dunecase.com/

Last edited:
Just in case there are any hackintoshers in the thread...
(No, I'm not suggesting building one is for everyone. Hence the 'just in case' bit !!)

Looks like a Mac, built like a Hac....

The case below, (Dune Case Pro) launched today. Its backing goal was reached in under 5 hours. $71,000+ reached since 10 AM :cool: And the campaign runs for another month...

Clearly the demand for a configurable but realistically priced alternative to the nMP is massive.
Info for anyone interested below the video...

Indiegogo backing/order page:

EDIT: Indiegogo pages don't link on here. You can link directly from their site below.
https://www.dunecase.com/

My goodness! thx for this! Aren't they becoming legal issues from Apple?

My goodness! thx for this! Aren't they becoming legal issues from Apple?

Possibly. However Huwawei came damn near to cloning the 'look' of the MacBook. (Security issues aside of course!!). It also makes me think of Strat and Tele copies... there's a million of them... Seems like there's enough of a grey area where they might have a leg to stand on.

Aside from the exterior it would be hard to argue it's a 1:1 clone, as this fits mITX, ITX, ATX, mATX, and eATX, whereas Apple's case only fits Apple parts so the interior is completely different... Literally nothing like the inside of the nMP... Either way the guy has balls for testing the waters...

So who knows, but considering you could buy five of these for the cost of one Apple monitor stand I figured WTF I'll roll the dice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom